Monday, September 3, 2007

My Christmas Moose!



This card has a whole lot of things going on. It uses the emboss forefronts technique along with paper tole technique. I also did some faux stitching and liquid applique. I think it turned out pretty darn cute. I had this idea in my head since my first look through the new catalog.

The card base is a 6 x 12 piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Then there is a layer of Always Artichoke that has been stamped with the little pine branch from Lovely as a Tree. It was stamped in Always Artichoke ink. Next was a smaller strip of Chocolate Chip which has faux stitching on the sides. The central focal point is also done on Very Vanilla. I started with the pine tree from Lovely as a Tree and stamped it in Always Artichoke using different generations to get the depth. I then stamped the moose from Moose You in VersaMark on top of the trees and embossed it with brown powder. I stamped and embossed the moose a second time onto scrap Vanilla and cut out the head and antlers. I wrapped some thin garland looking ribbon around the antlers and attached some mini bling to add just a bit more. Now I pop doted the second decorated head over the first. And finally I added some small amounts of white liquid applique to look like snow. This was then mounted on Real Red and the corners where punched with the ticket corner punch. Other items used: Twill Tape, hodgepodge hardware, white gel pen, Many Merry Messages stamp set and real red marker. I hope you can see the detail. It was a fun card to make.

2 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun card, good color combinations, fun techniques, nice work...can't wait to CASE. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Love that card!