Friday, March 28, 2008

Blogger's Challenge week 40!

Wow, forty weeks already. Hard to believe. This weeks challenge was a simple one -- spring flowers was the theme. The first flowers I think of when I think of spring are tulips so I knew right away that I was either gonna use my Terrific Tulips or Never-Ending Joy. Since Terrific Tulips is retired I decided to go with the Never-Ending Joy set. Now I needed more challenges since I have not stamped all week I wanted to make it a bit more of a challenge so I found a color challenge on one of my groups - Bravo Burgundy, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery and Basic Black for accent. --- hmmm, might as well find a layout challenge too while I am at it! So I went back a week or two and found one I wanted to try back when it came out but I was too swamped. The sketch is from Poetic Artistry and it is number 28. She has wonderful sketches on her blog, so well done, not sloppy like mine, lol. Finally, I thought that this would be ENOUGH challenges to try to combine at one time! I must say that the colors scared me a bit but I am very happy with the results.





Stamps Sets: Never Ending Joy, Small Sayings
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, Basic Black and Very Vanilla
Ink: Certainly Celery, Bravo Burgundy, Cameo Coral and Basic Black
Other, Scallop circle punch, regular circle punch, large scallop oval punch, cuttlebug embossing folder, paper piercer, mat pack, Bravo Burgundy Marker (for thumping on flowers) and faux black brads from JoAnn's.

Don't forget to check out the other players by clicking on the logo on the lower right hand side of my blog. Happy Friday to everyone! YIPPEEEEEEEEE!

22 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very nice, Mary Jo! I love how you cut around the flowers.

Unknown said...

This is very beautiful Mary! I love how you used the scallop circle punches. Pretty colors too.

Barb Hardeman said...

WOW Mary Jo! I just love everything about this card. Beautiful...(love your music too!)

Lynn Mercurio said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love this stamp, although I don't have this set! You did a great job Mary Jo!

Lisa Somerville said...

Simply beautiful!

Nikki Bond said...

Your card is simply gorgeous! Love it!!!! {SMILES}

Kerry D-C said...

MJ, this is absolutely pulchritudinous! Love the colors, love the layout. love it! love it! love it!

rozie640 said...

WOW, this card is awesome. I love the colors and layout. Those brads are the perfect touch!!! The Baroness

dasimonds said...

Great sketch...
Beautiful card!!
I love your choice of colors!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card MJ! I love how you used the scallop punch in the background.

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Beautiful card, MJ! I love all the layers, details, and of course the scalloped edges! GORGEOUS!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

So very pretty! Lovely mix of colors and I really like how you used the scalloped punches! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

I love how you used the paper piercing as the border for your card! It's very elegant!

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

beautiful card! love the layout...perfect!
:)

Vicki G said...

WOW!!! This is stunning!!! The colours are rich and the layout is Beautiful!!!

Vicki

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This is just beautiful! Luv it all, colors, stamp, layout...FAB!

Connie Babbert said...

I agree with everyone else...simple gorgeous card!

Amanda said...

Very pretty! What a gorgeous layout! So simple and classy looking!!!

Karen said...

very nice MJ! love the color contrast and 2-toned tulips - beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

so pretty! I love how you used the scallop punch!

Claudia Perry said...

Absolutely stunning card - love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Love the colors and the layout!