Friday, July 3, 2009

Being Sick is no Fun! Playing Catch-up.

It has been a full week now and I am still not "normal". Mind you I am never "normal" by most standards but I mean "normal" by my standards, lol. It took everything I have to make these two cards yesterday. After I get really sick as I have been if I try to get up and do too much the first day feeling better (which of course I did) I end up with some of the worst arthritis flare ups! They are almost worse then getting sick, from shoulder to finger tip and hip to toe both sides. So you would have laughed to watch me try to make these cards yesterday. I was dropping things, couldn't hold the markers --anyway I should have videoed it it was quite comical. But the good news is that the good Lord is always on my side and all three of the challenge that I missed are the same theme! How easy that is making it for catching up!

Kerry's Three Clovers Challenge #20 was Red White and Blue

The Blogger's Challenge for Today is Wave the Flag -- Red White and Blue

And the Latenight Stamper's Challenge for the week is Red White and Blue and 100% current Stampin Up!

And finally my sketch challenge #76 from Monday--bout time. The first card is for that.


Stamps: Voila, Boho Backgrounds, Teeny Tine Wishes
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Other: markers, ribbon, sizzix oval die




Stamps: The More the Merrier, Razzle Dazzle, Dreams du Jour
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Other: markers, white gel pen.

These should both be fast and easy cards--of course they took me all day with this silly arthritis!

Have a great weekend.

Mary Jo

22 nice people left a comment:

Patti J. said...

Gosh, hope you soon feel better - sounds like 'sick' was an understatement! Nice cards! Love that sentiment on the second one, and your coloring on both is so much fun! Those blue birds and red hearts are so vivid! Feel better...

Barb Hardeman said...

They are both terrific cards MJ. You did a super job inspite of your illness. Glad you pushed through to share your talent with us...

Kristen said...

MJ, sorry u still aren't feeling better. Being sick stinks. The good news is, your cards are fabulous. Great job with the challenge. Feel better soon.

Basement Stamper said...

Your cards turned out great, love both of them! I hope you are feeling much better today!

Danni said...

Sure hope the arthritis feels better soon.
Love your cards, especially the sweet birdies, so adorable!!

Ida said...

So sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well MaryJo - Glad you were able to post these cards. They are both very cute and fun.

Connie Babbert said...

Sorry you are still feeling sick, Mary Jo! That is no fun! Your cards are beautiful. Great job with all the challenges!

Kristen said...

I am so sorry that you are not well. The good news is that your card is super cute. I hope you feel better real soon.

Nikki Bond said...

These are fabulous! I love the non-traditional approach you took...great cards! {SMILES}

Nancy Dawson said...

Oh I just love your chef! He is so cute and clever. I hope you are feeling better soon. It 'sucks' to be sick! TFS

Lisa Martz said...

Hope you feel better and are back to "normal" soon! Great cards!

Sue from Oregon said...

hope you are feeling chipper and 100% soon!

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

I know exactly how you feel! so sorry! I love your cards though and love that chef...he is cute, never would have thought of using the red/white/blue combo on him!! TFS, take care and get well soon! Hugs always!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Both cards are great! I like the red, white and blue for non patriotic cards too. Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa Somerville said...

Hope you're feeling better - beautiful cards!

Lisa Bohler said...

Darling cards! Hope you are on the mend SOON!!!! Happy 4th!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific cards Mary Jo! You poor dear! I hope that you are feeling better very soon! :D

Margaret Raburn said...

MJ, your cards are so adorable! Great job! I'm so sorry that you have been so sick...it's no fun!!! Hope that arthritis settles down quick!! Take care!

Unknown said...

These cards are just awesome and way to go on getting so many challenges done!!

Barbara said...

Both cards are just wonderful (don't I always tell you that?!!)! Despite still feeling sick, you managed to come up with yet 2 more beauties!! You know I almost used that same fella in the oval.....like your version so much better than what I threw away!!

Lori said...

These both turned out great, Mary Jo! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Kristie W. said...

Love that chef card, its such a fun birthday card!!