Thursday, July 30, 2009

Blogger's challenge -throwndown--late at night.

How is that for a title. I have three challenges combined on both of these cards, hence my title.

Of course the first is the Blogger's Challenge--it is Friday after all! This week we were given a sketch to work with.


I also decided to use this week's Color Throwdown.



And then of course the Latenight Stamper's Weekly challenge was Christmas in July. I did use Pink Pirouette so they are not 100% current Stampin Up! but it always feels good to use up stash. I did'nt think I liked this combo until I started to play, now I do! What do you think?

Stamps: Scenic Season
Paper: rose Red, Pink Piroette, Bordering Blue
Ink: Rose red, Bordering Blue, versa mark
Other: sizzix scallop oval die, white embossing powder, Markers

The next one uses the new hostess set the More the Merrier



Stamps: the More the Merrier
Paper: Rose Red, Pink Piroette, Bordering Blue
Ink: Rose red, Bordering Blue, Basic Black
Other: markers, circle scissors plus, White gel pen

TGIF! Hope you have a good one.
Mary Jo

14 nice people left a comment:

Tami Black said...

All right -- let's just admit that you are a classic overachiever! Fabulous CARDS and I love your paper selections, color selections and designs. I am most definitely casing these beauties!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great job with this weeks challenge! Escpecially love the Gate Folded snowman card!

Lisa Bohler said...

That is lovely color combination. It looks vintage to me!!! Beautiful cards; love the special folds.

Selene Kempton said...

I love your snowmen.. I'm officially addictied to that stamp! Beautiful job with both.. I love your style!

Ida said...

Wow you rocked this one with not one but two great cards. I've got to say I thought you used DP but realized you created your own and it looks fabulous.

LeAnne said...

Mary Jo, these are awesome! I love it when stampers think outside the box and use non-traditional colors for holidays! That snowman card is CUTE!!!! Thanks for playing with us at CTD!
LeAnne

Krista said...

Love your card !!!

Patti Chesky said...

Ohhhh...I love them both, but the snowman card is my fave!! I love the color combination...so missing Pink Pirouette.

tonistamps said...

Are you kidding??? I LOVE the color combination! Great cards!

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

you really out did yourself, again ;)
great job on both cards!

Unknown said...

These are both gorgeous! Love the gatefold !

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love the Non-traditional christmas colors

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Pretty Christmas colors!

dpkennedy said...

Oh they are both just adorable! You did a great job with these colors...they are just great for Christmas!! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!