Friday, July 10, 2009

Blogger's Challenge

This week Lisa asked us to CASE one of our fellow members from the Blogger's Challenge group. Not sure how the heck she thought we were going to pick who to CASE. There is a ton of talent in this group. But then I remembered that quite a while ago Lisa posted a tutorial on her blog for this darling little 4 x 4 flip book using the Bind it All. That was actually the project that pushed me over the edge and had me running to the store to buy the Bind it All so I guess it was about time I tried it. HERE is the original post were she shows the tutorial! Very easy to follow too.

My mini flip book is using the new in colors so that it can be part of my DT challenge on Latenight Stampers and also the weekly challenge of weddings too! These are some of the pictures from my wedding! About time since I was married in 1997, lol.









I used a bunch of the rub ons from the Chit Chat collection to embellish my pictures. The front is stamped with the Together Forever stamps set along with the Friendly Words Wheel and the Razzle Dazzle set. All of the DP is from the Raspberry Lemonade collection. The base of the book is using Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo. I also used the Pretties Kit and my Bind it All.

Be sure to check out the rest of the crew by clicking on the logo on my sidebar.

Happy Friday.
I am off to go camping for the weekend with my son. I have posts ready to be posted if Blogger cooperates.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Mary Jo

30 nice people left a comment:

Tami Black said...

Mary Jo,

This is absolutely darling and I really appreciate the link for the tutorial. I love your creations and have wanted to do one of these forever, but haven't tackled it as yet. Now, you pushed me over the edge and I'm doing it! Great job!

Nikki Bond said...

Fabulous! Love the colors for this mini book...and your pictures are gorgeous! {SMILES}

Kristen said...

MJ,
Fabulous job. I never did anything with my wedding pics either. Maybe some day. Wonderfully done!

Kerry D-C said...

FANTASTIC!!!! I loved looking at your pics too!! Love the mulletts! LOL!

Pat Huntoon said...

GREAT mini book -- and I loved seeing your wedding pictures, too. You haven't changed a bit!

Lisa Martz said...

Wonderful! Love everything about it!

Patti J. said...

Wonderful job on your book! Your pictures are beautiful too! And I have to tell you that your music is my all time favorite song! Thanks for sharing...

Unknown said...

Really, truly fabulous! Beautiful job with this project - now I have to get my BIA out too!

Lisa Somerville said...

MJ - I'm glad you tried the flip book. Your choice of colors are just beautiful.

Barb Hardeman said...

What a fabulous idea for a CASE. Love that you used the new IN Colors. From your front cover to the last page of pictures this project is truly and work of love and art. TFS

Anonymous said...

Great Job MJ---don't know how you find the time to do it all.

Glad to see you are feeling better. Hugs, Nola

Patti Chesky said...

I love those little flip books. Great job with the challenge!!

Connie Babbert said...

Wonderful job on the mini book! How fun to include your wedding photos! Great job! Have fun camping this weekend!

Danni said...

What a wonderful book! You did an awesome job!

Lorie said...

This is amazingly beautiful! Great job!

Ida said...

WOW! - I'm glad you finally tried Lisa's tutorial for this as it's just fabulous!! Way to be inspired and I loved the wedding photo's.

Basement Stamper said...

fantastic book and great pictures!

Lisa Bohler said...

Fantastic project, MJ! A fantastic keepsake and it's so darling in the new in colors!

Barbara said...

What a fabulous little book you made! (Lisa "convinced" me to get the BIA, too!!) Love your version of this little book....I need to try one of these myself. I love how you combine multiple challenges so easily! Lovely photos......thanks for sharing!

Margaret Raburn said...

MJ, I love your book!! One can easily see it is lovingly done and SO beautiful!! TFS!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a beautiful book and so lovingly done! Great book to case from Lisa and you've done a great job!

Sherrill Graff owner said...

thank you for the inspiration! This is beautiful, simply elegant. Good job, Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

sandi maciver said...

Beautiful project MJ and congrats and being chosen on Card of the Week.

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

this is beautiful!!! i am on the edge of getting the bind it all myself....you may have given me the push i need!!!!

Tammy Q Howell said...

Wow what an awesome project. I love all of it. I have yet to order any of the rub ons. I really need to and share them with my customers.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Your book turned out lovely Mary Jo! I'm trying NOT to fall in love with the new colors, but you've made them look wonderfully here! :D

Chrissy D said...

This is beautifully done! Love this mini book! Wonderful use of the new colors!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Great mini book! These colors work well for a wedding!

Lori said...

What a fabulous way to share these special photos!

Unknown said...

What an awesome project!!! You did a great job combining these challenges and I just love seeing your pictures from your wedding!!