Saturday, August 22, 2009

Catching Up! Or at least trying to, lol!

This week's challenge on Latenight Stampers is to create a fall scrapbook page and the challenge on Our Creative Corner is to use the new in-colors--I know these can be combined easily because the new in colors, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede and Dusty Durango scream Fall to me. So here is my sample for both challenges. Oh yea, I also used a sketch challenge from SCS from a few weeks ago you can find that HERE.

It is so hard to get good pictures of 12 by 12 scrapbook pages don't you think? Do you have any suggestions to help me in the future? I would love some ideas if you have them.

Here is the two page spread together

Here is the right side...




And the left side...


All supplies are current SU except for the use of my Gazelle cutter for the titles. I do not own any current SU alphabets and part of the Latenightstampers rules are 100% current product from Stampin Up this is the best I could do.

It took me forever to find pictures that were fall themed and did not need to be printed from my computer. I am low on some colors and I didn't think I would get the best quality if I printed them so I had to dig through lots of old pictures--before my digital days. What fun that was, I love looking at old photos of my son and remembering how small he was and how much fun we have together. So these pictures are from 2002 my son is only 2 at the time.


Stamps: Autumn Harvest, Bright Blessings Jumbo Wheel
Paper: Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla and DP from the Thoroughly Modern collection
Ink: Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede
Other: brads, ribbon, jumbo eyelet, markers, tag corner punch, mat pack and paper piercer, Gazelle Cutter

Hope you have a great day today.
I have a busy one, but I am sure it will be a great one.

Mary Jo

4 nice people left a comment:

Lorie said...

Those pages are absolutely wonderful! Great job!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful layouts Mary Jo, I LOVE the fun designs!

Thanks for playing along with us over at the OCC! Jennifer :)

PaperSunshine said...

I love them! Great job, the colors worked perfectly together!

Silke Ledlow said...

Mary Jo - these are beautiful scrapbook pages!!! The new In-Colors look awesome!!! Thank you for playing with us!!! Hugs ~S~