Friday, February 25, 2011

Sketch week on Blogger's challenge!

Once a month our list mom, Lisa, gives us a sketch to work with and this is the week.  You all know I love sketches so this is one of my favorite times.  The sketch was a fun one.  Come on and play along if you would like.  Or just check out all the great creations by our team on the blog hop at the bottom of this post.  Here is this month's sketch.


And my card.  I am still having fun with this Plane and Simple set!  So easy to make masculine cards with this one.  I think I must of had my friend Rose on my mind when I made this one because she is the queen of brads and I may have topped her with this one???? Maybe-maybe not!



Stamps: Plane and Simple
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist. Botanical Gazette dp, Whipper White
Ink: Kraft, Chocolate Chip and Marina Mist
Other: circle scissors plus, brads (lots of them) corner rounder

Hope you have a wonderful Friday and an even better weekend!
Mary Jo

14 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great masculine card, wonderful color combination! I think you may have just topped Rose with your use of brads!

Chrissy D said...

Mary JO - maybe last night was a fluke and was USER ERROR??? LOL Anyways, it works today! I LOVE the brads around the circle and the dimension on the airplane FABULOUS card!

Basement Stamper said...

LOL, I immediately thought of Rose as well. Great job, I love what you do with the masculine cards.

BarbaraW said...

Great masculine card. Love the plane and the brads are cool.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

You are the brad queen with this one. It works so well with the colors & image. I can't image using all those brads on one card, but it looks amazing and it's probably much nicer in person too.

Ida said...

Great masculine card. I love the brads and the stitched border stamps.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

So excellent. Love it!

Lisa Bohler said...

LOVE the accent of the brads! Really added to the masculinity of the card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a wonderful masculine card Mary Jo! I simply love all of the brads! :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I love this great card- perfect masculine card! I love the airplane in the sketch placement- and the brads- great touch.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great guy card, and oh my, all those brads!

Anonymous said...

MJ--Great card--gotta love those brads--and yes, you sure used a lot of them! Makes for a GREAT man card!

Tami Black said...

You totally rocked this sketch -- love the brads! Perfect use of this set for this card -- awesome!

Marsha Fisher said...

I really love this card...everything about it!