Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Snow Swirled Wine Sock

Many times over the holidays or anytime really when I am invited to a friends house I will bring a bottle of wine!  And I often think it would be nice to dress it up a bit but don't want to buy something and generally I am very last minute--grab the bottle and run out the door.  Then today as I was about to run to a friends house for lunch with a few ladies that I bowl with I thought I have to have "something" I can use right here--right now to dress up this bottle just a bit.  And guess what I did--a knee high!  Did you know you can stamp right on them--I did it with a suntan one and a white one.  Would be even better on tights.  But I think it turned out pretty cute considering it cost less that fifty cents and took all of about two minutes!  What do you  think?





How is that for a quick holiday gift!  But you can't do one faster, lol!  I used Midnight Muse and Real Red classic ink pads.  Dried instantly--I did put a piece of cardboard in the middle. 

See ya soon,
Mary Jo

6 nice people left a comment:

Joyce in WV said...

That is the neatest idea I have seen for a long time. I am going to have to go out and buy some knee-highs! I especially like the white ones.

stampersjoy

TexasGramma said...

Fantastic idea!

Kris said...

Great idea - love this!

Carol Carriveau said...

Fabulous idea....lovely and the receiver can still see the gift!

Jonia said...

Very nice Mary Jo, you are so talented.

Vicky W said...

What a great idea Mary-Jo! Bet your friends loved the wine even more!!!!