Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Try Stamping on Tuesday!

Well, thank you, I think I will. Stamp on Tuesday that is... What a fun sketch they have over on the Try Stamping on Tuesday Blog today. You all know I love sketch challenges and I was excited to find this new own. I have seen it once or twice on groups but have not had the time to check it out until today! And so now you can check it out too! And why not join me and play along. Here is there sketch....



And here is my card for the challenge....



I had some fun with the ribbon.  Used little pieces of it to make the bottom edge of the focal image and then tied two different pieces together for the bow.  Not so sure I love it--but I do like it, lol.  I used the tree from the Snow Much Fun stamp set.  After stamping the first tree (the front one) I cut out a mask and covered the tree and then stamped two more so they look like they are behind the first one.  I love Cherry Cobbler and Lucky Limeade together. (I know I already told you that yesterday, but I really do).

Stamps: Snow Much Fun, More Merry Messages
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla and Be of Good Cheer DP
Ink: Basic Black
Other: markers, ribbon.

Hope you are having a fabulous day!
Mary Jo

5 nice people left a comment:

Carol Carriveau said...

Very nice and loving the ribbon technique!!!

Nancy Seed said...

Wonderful. Great job on the sketch and love the ribbon detail. Thanks for sharing our talent with us this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

Jenn Picard said...

What fantastic colouring and I love what you did with the ribbon! And that little bird perched on top of the tree is just too cute. Thanks for joining us at TSOT

Glenda Calkins said...

Great Card Mary Jo! I really like how you used the ribbon; something different. I like it! Thanks for playing along with the TSOT sketch challenges.

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Love those trees with the bird on top. So cute! The ribbon adds the perfect touch. Thanks for playing and welcome aboard.