Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Winner of the Royal Blog Candy and a mini Tutorial too.

I know a bunch of you were wondering why I was giving away two of the same wheel to one person, well I am going to show you what I do with my wheels. Since Stampin Up has come up with these wheels that have so many different sayings on them I always order two of them. I keep one as is and take the rubber off the second one add it to cling foam and cut it apart to create a bunch of individual stamps. This truly makes it much easier to work with, and I love so many of the saying on these so it is fun to use them alone on other items. Here is a mini tutorial on how I do it--remember I said mini, lol.

First find the seal on the wheel and gently pull the rubber from the wheel. It is really easy to do. See the picture below.

Continue to pull the rubber off the wheel

This is what your rubber will look like when you have it completely off the wheel.

Next I added some cling foam mounting to the entire piece of rubber. This is optional you can use the rubber alone or even mount permanently on wood if you want.

Finally use a craft knife to carefully cut around each individual sentiment. And there you will have a whole bunch of individual stamps for just $8.50 talk about a bargain!



And now I bet you are wondering who the lucky winner of the two wheels is..............


It took a bit to find out who said they had subscribed and who did not. But after all that I then had to go back and check for double posts. To make it easier I printed the whole list of comments out then highlighted the ones that said that they subscribed and re-printed them. Added them all to one bucket and had my son pull a name. So the winner is.....

Kathy W said... 101

I became a follower, your stuff rocks- so creative and thinking beyond a card- love it!
kraftinkathy(at) verizon(dot) net


I can not say for sure if you won for commenting or subscribing but you won none the less! Congratulations Kathy, send me your address at yourrep@roadrunner.com and I will get these in the mail for you.

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderfully sweet comments. You all made me smile.

Mary Jo

5 nice people left a comment:

Patti J said...

Great idea with your wheel stamps! Congrats Kathy on your big win!

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Wow, love the idea, I did that a few years a go with the wheel Sew Sweet, it is so gratifying to know that there is somebody who thinks the same way! TFS your wonderful art and talent with the world! Hugs always!

lisa808 said...

Thanks for the wheel tutorial.

Congrats Kathy!

Anonymous said...

Way cool! MJ, where can I find the cling foam? This is a fabulous idea... TFS!!!
Cassie
maya@vci.net

Diane Noble said...

This is absolutely one of the most fabulous ideas! Oh, my goodness...I'm so excited about this. I'm so glad you shared it with us. Not only is it a great idea for the practicality of it...but a wonderful way to boost sales creatively. This is so cool. Thank you.