Saturday, February 26, 2011

New to me challenges.

I had a little extra stamping time yesterday!  Yea. So I looked for a few new to me challenges to play along with.  I know I wanted to use the big shot to at least emboss on the cards so that the also fit this week's Latenightstamper challenge.  I chose the two challenge blogs that I have members playing along with my sketch challenge from. First on is the Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge Blog.   
Here is their sketch for this week. 


I am really happy with this card.  Didn't know what the heck I was going to do with the sketch but then I remember the card I seen earlier this week by Patrice Herrera that can be seen HERE.  She colored in the butterflies on the dp from Botanical Gazette and I just loved the look so I went with that for my inspiration-Thanks Patrice!  This is what I came up with...






I think it was perfect for the sketch!  What do you think??

Stamps: FYI (for I care sentiment)
Paper: Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Botanical Gazette, Elegant Soiree
Ink: Marina Mist
Other: tulip embossing folder, ribbon

The next challenge I checked out is from the 4 Crafty Chicks challenge blog.  This week they have an inspiration challenge.  Here is the inspiration photo...




And my card--I went by memory for the inspiration.  Looked at it then went to the studio and created.  Usually I print it and look at it over and over as I create but decided to do it different this time.  Here is my card.


Stamps:Charming
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, More Mustard, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Cajun Craze
Ink: Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive
Other: Thanks Sizzlit, button Sizzlit, Curly Lable Punch, ribbon, embossing folder, score in board, Marina Mist marker

Hope you enjoyed checking out these two new to me challenges.  See ya later tonight for my new sketch and the top three picks!
Mary Jo

9 nice people left a comment:

Deb said...

Both cards are just wonderful! I love the colors on both cards and the layouts are great! Thanks for playing along at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Tammy Fite said...

Oh, I love your card, MaryJo!! Thanks for playing along with the Divas!!

Leanne said...

Wow, love how you made the card like Lori's inspiration picture. Nice job. Way to go. Thanks for playing along with us at 4 Crafty Chicks!

inkedx2 said...

Love your card Mary Jo. The colors are great. So glad you joined us this week at SFF.

Robbie

Ruth said...

I love these cards. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creations.

Tamie said...

Mary Jo I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card and your take on Lori's picture! the colors are so rich and wonderful. Your layout for your card just rocks! Thank you so much for taking finding some time to join us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Hope we get too see you again real soon. Loving the inspiration you shared with us this week. Have a wonderous week.

Tamie

Lori Turner said...

Mary-Jo, I love this card! I like how you used the inspiration photo to create the background :) Love all the embossing too :) Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards!

Creative Apple Scrampers said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along with the SFF sketch!