Friday, March 7, 2008

Bloggers Challenge #37

I was surfing around SUDSOL the other day and came upon this super easy template and thought it was just adorable so when this weeks Blogger's Challenge was to make a different shaped card I knew I was gonna try this one. I am really pleased with the results. And the good news for all of you is that I normally would not be able to share the template because it is on SUDSOL (a demonstrator only site that you pay/earn) but after doing a google search of the person that shared on there I found that she had a blog and better yet she has a tutorial for the card there too! So thanks goes out to Jana Mays for the inspiration! Click here .....for the tutorial.

And now for my versions of it. I want to try a few more of these because they really are fun. When the card is open it stands up by it self! But it folds down to fit into a regular sized envelope too!






This is the card open.



And here it is closed. I am so glad that I pulled out this set to use, I fell in love with it when I seen many of you (Pat Huntoon comes to mind immediately) creating wonderful samples but then I only used it twice and it has been on the shelf.

Stamps: Fabulous Flowers
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Whisper White and Bali Breeze DP
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Paper Piercer, brad, glitter, Cherished Memories rub-ons.


Don't forget to click on the logo on my side bar to see all of the other players and what they came up with -- should be a lot of wonderful creations so get your cup of coffee and relax as you are inspired! TGIF! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

27 nice people left a comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

OMGoodness...what a fabulous new card shape. I bookmarked the tutorial because after looking at your fabulous card, I KNOW I have to give it a try! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us!

Nikki Bond said...

WOW! What a FABULOUS card! I love this set and this shaped card is so perfect! Great job this week!!! {SMILES}

Lisa Bohler said...

Your choice of shape is AWESOME! What a neat card...especially love the color choices and that stamp set!

Lila H said...

Very clever!!! I love your stamp choices and color combo! tfs

Anonymous said...

WOW...this IS fabulous! I love the color combo you used and you chose a perfect stamp set for this template. Love it!

Jana M. said...

Beautiful card, MJ! Thanks for the link back. I love your blog!

Karen said...

what a great card - love the colors...they really pop!!

Leigh OBrien said...

Very cool!

rozie640 said...

Your card is awesome!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow! This card is awesome. Love the color combo.

Anonymous said...

I love this card. The color combo is great, and I love the shape and style of the card. Great job with the challenge.

Lauren (mytime) said...

How neat is that?!! Love the colors and design.

Lisa Somerville said...

Just beautiful!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just super duper, everything is beautiful!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Great folded layout! Love the colors you chose too...so warm!

Amber Porter said...

This is beautiful! I can't wait to try this (thanks for sharing the link)! The colors you used are amazing together!

Claudia Perry said...

That card is just too original. LOVE the colors! Thanks for sharing the tutorial source too! Will have to try it out soon...

Anonymous said...

This is just B.E.A.Utiful!

Vicki G said...

WOW!!! Just Gorgeous.! Great colours.......very Rich looking!!!!

Vicki

Ida said...

Love this card. The shape is so different and unique. The set you used works great here and the colors are so rich and warm.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing and including a link to the tutorial.

Debbie M.

Stefanie said...

Great card MJ! Thanks for bringing this fold to everyone's attention. It is really cool!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Love the fold and the color combo!

Lori said...

What a cool card! Love your vibrant color combination and all the dimension you created with the large flower.

Me, My Stamps and I said...

great card !!!!! absolutely wonderful colors !!!!
tfs,
chat

Barbara said...

Another amazing card, MaryJo! Your creations just blow me away....each one is better than the next. LOVE this card!

Jana M. said...

You card is beautiful! I love these spring cards!