Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 11

Man the weeks go faster and faster! I am a tiny bit late with this today because I had to take my son to the dentist. Sorry. This weeks sketch was actually sent to me by one of the players. If you have a sketch you would like me to feature feel free to send it my way, I would love to use it. This one is from Kerry at Three Clover Designs. Thanks Kerry!

Here is the sketch.
and here is my first card. I am so close to having another one done too so check back, lol.




This card was also inspired by a challenge on SCS to use something that you bought because you had to have it but have not used it. That is what I did with this small embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I love it but never seem to use it so today was it's lucky day! The card base is Basic Black. The next layer is Very Vanilla that has been cuttlebugged to emboss it and then I brayered over it with Ruby Red ink. The next is a plain (do you believe it) piece of So Saffron with the two sayings from the Absolutely Fabulous set. The small cuttlebugged pieces are Groovy Guava and I punched then out with the 1 3/8 inch square punch. They are layered on Basic Black and I added Ruby Red brads to the centers. Kind of plain but not horrible. Let's see what the rest of the girls did, shall we............


Adair on Splitcoaststampers


Claudia at Stamping in Columbus GA



Gerrie at Iwork4stamps



Lisa at Splendiferous Creations


Brenda at Memories by Brenda



Kim at Kim's Basement Stamping



Pat at the Technique Trail


Wow, didn't they all do a terrific job this week? Great cards ladies. Now if you feel inclined to play along don't forget to leave a comment here on my blog with a link so that I can post it for everyone to check out. Can't wait to see your creation. If you post to SCS please use the key word TSSC11.

HAPPY STAMPING!




13 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

Great card!! I love the way it looks when it is turned on it side.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

The embossing folders worked great for this layout.....great card!

Anita Van Hal said...

Hi Mary Jo! Today is the first week I played! What a fun layout! Thanks!

Anita Van Hal
Praierie Papier Ponderer
http://www.anitastamps.com

chickadee3357 said...

So much fun I had to join in: http://vanpalmperk.blogspot.com/2008/03/hello-kitty.html
Yay!

Claudia Perry said...

I really like this layout turned sideways - great colors!

Kerry D-C said...

Great card MJ! love the brayered/embossed backround. Sorry I didn't get a chance to play this week. :( Maybe I will get some time in the upcoming week....hmmmmm...unlikely! ;)

Lori said...

What a fun layout! Here's my try with it: http://inkingaloud.blogspot.com/2008/04/un-stuck.html

Unknown said...

Hi Mary Jo - new to your blog (and lovin it). finally got a chance to play this week so here is my card - http://pezadoodle.blogspot.com/2008/04/flower-babies.html thanks!!

Terri said...

Here ya go. http://terrbear38.blogspot.com/2008/04/happy-birthday-emilia.html Can you believe I finished it before Sunday? Still working on last weeks sketch though. Nice job on your card.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Jo,

I LOVE THE MUSIC YOU PLAY!

I have a problem, I don't know where to send in my weekly challenge. Every week when I have something to submit, I have this problem.

Can you give me directions on how to submit my weekly challenge. I enjoy the challenges, but always have problems on where to send them.

I sent Pat Huntoon an e-mail asking where I send my weekly challenge, before I saw your blog.
She may forward my e-mail to you.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

GennieB

bendub@infowest.com

Stampin_Melissa said...

Great card Mary Jo! I love the CB folder you used on your card.

Here is my submission for this week's challenge:
http://stampinmelissa.blogspot.com/2008/04/walnut-birthday.html

Thanks for the challenge!

Maureen (Moe) Buck said...

Mary Jo-
Thanks for cross posting your challenge on SU Stars... That's where I found you.
I'm still fairly new to the whole blog and challeng area - but having fun.
You can see my card at
www.stampinmoe.blogspot.com

Thanks!!
Maureen

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

FUN sketch!!! Had a lot of fun with this one. Looking forward to tomorrow - thanks MJ!

Here's mine:

http://glitterinmyhair.blogspot.com/2008/04/basic-sky-birthday-tssc11-cc159.html