Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #7

Can you believe it has already been 7 weeks since I started the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! I am so enjoying seeing all the samples that are being made with on sketch. I truly believe that using challenges will help even the most seasoned stampers to think outside of the box while helping new stampers come up with their own style and have a starting point. So no matter where you are in your stamping these sketches are for you! Thanks for all the people that have been playing along each week -- great job. Now on to this weeks sketch.......




My card is a pretty simple one but I am pretty happy with it. The colors are Blue Bayou and Bashful Blue along with Whisper White for accents. The one of a kind strip stamp is from Hero Arts. It is a great set with four different saying done in the same style. I thought it would be a fun way to bring in the strips that are on the sketch. the flower is from the SAB set Friendship Blooms which I was not going to get because it is "another flower" set but I am soooo glad I did, it is a great set--so fun. I cut and embossed the squares with my Nestibillites dies. The flowers are cut out and the white square and flower are popped up. I added a row of paper piercing on both the top and bottom. The burst eyelets have been in my stash for more than a year and have no packaging so I have no idea, sorry.




Here are the other talented artists and their samples for your viewing pleasure.........

Kim at Kim's Basement Stamping


Claudia at Stamping in Columbus GA


Lisa at Splendiferous Creations


Kerry at Three Clovers Designs


Margaret at Fun Stamping with Margaret





As always I encourage you to play along. You can post it anywhere you want, you don't have to have a blog to play. If you post on Splitcoaststampers please use the keyword TSSC7. Don't forget to leave me a comment with the link so I can post it on here too. Can't wait to see what you come up with. And most importantly have fun.

12 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

Great sketch. Can't wait to play.

Lisa Somerville said...

Thanks for another fun sketch! Yours turned out great - love the stamped images in place of the strips of paper.

Kerry D-C said...

AAAAh! Rub ons! Nice! Great card!

Claudia Perry said...

Your card turned out wonderful. I just love the colors AND the wheel behind the image layers instead another layer of paper. Great idea!

Hetty said...

Hello Mary Jo!
This is a fun sketch, I got inspired right away. Here is my contribution:
http://craftchaos.blogspot.com/2008/03/techno-stampers-sketch-7.html

I love you blue version, my favourite colors!!

Happy Creating,
Hetty

Kimm BT said...

Here is mine for week 7:
http://ephesian25stamps.blogspot.com/

Kimm BT

Stampin_Melissa said...

Mary Jo, here is my card for this sketch:
http://stampinmelissa.blogspot.com/2008/03/aged-gratitude.html

Thanks for the challenge!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Love your card and sketch this week. My version is posted here http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/837148?cat=500&ppuser=137902. Thanks for giving us this weekly opportunity to be creative!

laurie serino said...

I finally had time to get to the sketch !! Great and easy layout-this week I needed a quick one !!! http://stampingforgodsglory.blogspot.com/

Amber Porter said...

Here is a link to mine...
http://sassystamper.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/mjs-sketch-chal.html

MJ can you email your snail mail to me at amberporter@msn.com ? I have a RAK for you because I appreciate your sketch challenges and wanted to RAK you but I haven't been able to locate your mailing address! Thanks!! Amber

Terri said...

I really like this sketch but had a hard time coming up with something that would work with it. This is what I came up with though. http://terrbear38.blogspot.com/2008/03/mary-jos-lunchtime-sketch-week-7.html I really like what you did with it.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

LOVE this sketch. I'll be using it again!!

I know I am soooo late this week, I started this Friday, finished last night but had to wait for the daylight to get a good photo. Delay, delay, delay. But anyway, here's mine - looking forward to today's sketch too!

http://glitterinmyhair.blogspot.com/2008/03/tssc7-and-wt156-card.html