Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #9

Well, after a full week off my son is back in school! I wonder how it will go? He has not stayed awake a whole day since last Sunday! I pray he don't get sick again due to all the kids that don't get kept home when they are sick -- it is just never ending. Anyway, it is sketch time. I have not made anything since last sketch -- I can't believe. I kept this one a bit simple but may try another one with this sketch tomorrow. Now the ideas are beginning to flow!

The sketch looks pretty hard but it is not that bad.


Here is my card. I did mine backwards. I started with two 2 3/4 inch squares that were cut in half and attached to the top and bottom and then went from there. My middle square is 2 1/4 inch square. I so wanted to add faux stitching to the triangles but chose not to make it too detailed.





Stamps: Carte Postale
Paper: Afternoon Tea, Wild Wasabi and Groovy Guava textured card stock, base of card is whisper white.
Ink: groovy Guava
Other: Rubons -Cherished Memories, brads, paper piercer and mat pack, Nestabilities die

The finished size of the card is 9 by 4. Fast and easy!

Looks like there are only a few players this week - hmmmm, wonder if the sketch was too overwhelming or just busy? The girls that did play had mixed emotions about it, lol. They all aced the layout though so check them out.......


Lisa on Splendiferous Creations


Claudia at Stamping in Columbus GA


Kerry at Three Clover Designs


So, lets see who has the courage to join us! I can't wait to see what you come up with. And as always, don't forget to leave a comment here with the link so everyone can see. If uploading to Splitcoaststampers please use TSSC9 in the key words. Here's to a wonderful week full of lots of catching up! Say healthy.


God Bless,

10 nice people left a comment:

Claudia Perry said...

I LOVE your card - it's just perfect! Great job, especially given your circumstances and the fact that you just pulled this one together...

Lisa Somerville said...

Thanks for the challenge MJ!. I'll have to retry this one again, with your dimensions. Love the colors.

Hetty said...

Hello Mary Jo,
Here is mine:
http://craftchaos.blogspot.com/2008/03/lunch-time-sketch-9.html

Happy Monday!
Hetty

Krafting Karen said...

great challenge Mary Jo! This one scared me a bit, but I followed your directions and really had fun creating a card with this sketch. Love the card you posted on your blog. Here is the link to my card
http://kraftingwithkaren.blogspot.com/2008/03/techno-challenge-9_18.html

Anonymous said...

Love the layout and your card! I am feeling better so I decided to play again. My card is at http://tamarrastamps.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/monday-lunchtim.html
Thanks for the weekly challange!~Tamarra

dasimonds said...

Nice sketch...
Beautiful Card!!

MelissaS said...

Thanks for a great sketch. It was a challenge, but got my mojo flowing! Here it is:
http://whatdoyouink.blogspot.com/2008/03/techno-stamper-sketchtechnique.html

Valerie Byrnes said...

Hello again MJ!
Here's my card for this week...

http://pastperfected.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-ctmh-kit-arrivedcan-you-tell.html

Keep those challenges coming! Thanks for all you do.

Anonymous said...

Just in time for the Friday blogger's challenge, here is my Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge. :)
Go to www.stampwithjulie.com

Anita said...

I wanted to add my card to your Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #9! What a fun sketch to play with!

http://stampinwithanita.com/?p=140