Friday, March 21, 2008

Right Back At Ya!

Today's SCS Limited supply challenge was to make two cards using the same stamps and papers. (that is the short version of the challenge to see the whole thing click here) So since I just did my last minute Blogger's challenge in the last post--and you know I didn't clean up after--I thought why not?! So here is round two of the color challenge.


This shows both cards next to each other. Which do you like better?



Here is the card on its own. I embossed the silver frame from the Hodgepodge to make it match. I also stamped the one flower in Apricot Appeal. The only other addition is the one of a kind stamp from the designer label punch box set. I like it!

Stamps: Wild Rose, Always, Floral Background and the retired designer label punch box stamps
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Real Red and Whisper White.
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Real Red, Apricot Appeal and Always Artichoke
Other: Hodgepodge hardware, large chocolate chip brads, designer label punch, paper piercier, water pen, embossing powder and versa mark

OK, I have to go and participate in our local Cross Walk-- our church reenacts the last days leading up to Jesus being crucified on the cross in our town! It is such a sight and a real reminder.

8 nice people left a comment:

Vicki G said...

Both cards are so elegant. The mix of colours you used are just perfect!

Happy Easter!!!

Kerry D-C said...

these are so pretty, MJ!
Happy Easter.

Lisa Bohler said...

You're going to make me pick? I don't think so! I like them both...especially the touch of yellow on the flower!

Anonymous said...

I finally got a chance to do the Monday sketch!!! Yeah!!!
http://cmblmtlovesstamping.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/better-late-tha.html

rozie640 said...

I LOVE both of those cards!!! The colors are fabulous and so are the layouts!

Anonymous said...

They are both lovely!

dasimonds said...

I can't choose...
They are both gorgeous!!
Fabulous colors!
Beautiful Roses!

Valerie Byrnes said...

Just like everyone else I find it hard to choose, but I am slightly partial to the first one. You did a beautiful job with this challenge!