Monday, March 10, 2008

Your a Blast and a Monday Sketch card from Brenda.

OK, I am such a dork! I was originally going to post this with my sketch today since I used my sketch for inspiration when I did this. But when I went to post the details I thought -no way- it it too far off from the sketch I better wait, plus it is for a swap that has not been sent to all the participates yet, but being the dork that I am I accidentally hit a hot key that I have now learned is a short cut for posting! I hit edit post immediately but did not realize that while I was editing the post it showed up on my blog and on the various readers. So when I finally re-published the post I guess I made a few people feel like they were loosing their mind, so I decide to post it again! (since I was gonna post Brenda's card anyway -- see end of post for her link) Clear as mud? So here is the card (again, for some).........




It is another Pun Fun card. It uses the embossed marker/chalk technique where you stamp the image--color it in and then go over the parts you want embossed with a Versa Marker and clear emboss. So the rocket is shinny in real life. This was such a fun card to make.

Stamp Set(s): Pun Fun, In the Stars
Colors Used: Blue Bayou, Real Red, Yo Yo Yellow and Whisper White
Accessories: chalks, clear embossing powder, versamarker, star punch word window punch small hand held star punch
Technique: Embossed Markers and Chalks



And new here is Brenda's Card too.

Brenda at Memories by Brenda


Come on this one is soooo easy I expect a ton of people to play! Are you up to the challenge?



6 nice people left a comment:

Kerry D-C said...

I just loved this card, MJ! super adorable!

rozie640 said...

Love your card MJ, the colors are so vibrant and great layout!!!

Pat Huntoon said...

Adorable card, MJ - Love the color scheme!

Pat said...

This a great sketch. Here is my card. Thanks for doing this. I'm really enjoying it. Pat

http://pgarvin.blogspot.com/

Krafting Karen said...

Thanks for the challenge Mary Jo! I've enjoyed seeing all the great artwork on your blog. Keep them coming! You can view my card at
http://kraftingwithkaren.blogspot.com/2008/03/techno-challenge-9.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another fun sketch challenge. Here's my card:

http://cmblmtlovesstamping.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/03/another-day-ano.html