Sunday, February 14, 2010

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 109!

I am so glad you stopped by for this week's sketch challenge.  I certainly hope you will play along.  If you do please do not forget to come back and leave a link to your card on Mister Linky so we can all see it. 

I really enjoyed last week's sketch and I seem to think this one is an easy one too!  I am about to watch a movie with my son so I will make this quick tonight.

Before I show you the sketch I would like to let you know that both cards are also part of my DT submission on the Latenightstamper's.  The new challenge for this week will be to use punches!  Wow, that is really an easy one huh?

So now here is the sketch for you to try out.....

 

I actually made two cards for today's sketch.

This first one is using all supplies that were just sitting on my work area already--too lazy to get up to get something else, lol!



 


 
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly, Whimsical Words
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red
Other: markers, Slit Punch, Scallop edge punch, ribbon, white gel pen

This second card is a patriotic card--not sure if I like it or not??  Maybe a bit too busy with the two different colors wheeled on there???  

 

Stamps: Service and Sacrifice, Hero Wheel
Paper: Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Black
Ink: Real Red, Night of Navy, Craft White
Other: slit punch, scallop edge punch, brads, scallop oval punch


So that is it for me--I can smell the popcorn, I sure hope he didn't start without me.  

Hope you have a wonderful Valentines day.  Just another day around here--insert sad face here--

Mary Jo



4 nice people left a comment:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Hi Mary Jo
ouh I love your new look
the Butterflies and glitter look
FABULOUS
I love the colours as well
I don't think it's too dark at all
I also love the way the words
Life is Beautiful
are in the oval
it looks like an oval punch that has been deep embossed
BEAUTIFUL
Congrats Mary Jo

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the new look of your blog....and one of these days, I am going to get a card made for your sketch!!!

Joanne Gilch said...

I need a bday card that's purple with bflies. may I sorta copy your idea? I do like your r/w/b card - awesome message and not too busy.

Margaret Raburn said...

Both of your cards for this sketch are wonderful!! I hope to do mine this week after my obligations! Thanks for the great sketch!