Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 135!

Well we made it through another week--praise God!  So glad you stopped by today, I hope you will find time this week to play along with my sketch challenge for the week.  I think it is one of my favorites.  Really a fun one -- IMHO!  Did you happen to see the top three from last week--if not check out the previous post.  Fun cards.


Here is the new sketch for your inspiration....


I have two samples for you this week.  The first one is using my favorite new set called Just Believe.  It is so pretty and so easy to create beautiful cards with.  I colored the images on the stamp with markers to get the two colors. 

I adore these colors together, Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz.  Both are from the new in colors.

Stamps: Just Believe
Paper: Poppy Parade, Pear Pizzass dp and card stock, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Poppy Parade
Other: markers, embossing folder, circle punches, ribbon

The next card is just a bit different.I am not really good at coming up with my own punch art but I gave it a try.  I made a cat from the new owl punch. This is for the new challenge on LNS which is to use our stamps or punches in a manner they were not designed for.


This fat cats face is created with the owl body.  I also used circle and oval punches. 

Stamps:  Pun Fun for sentiment, Something Sweet for fish
Paper: Peach Parfait, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Peach Parfait, Basic Black
Other: brads, circle punch, markers, sponges, ribbon, white gel pen

Can't wait to see what you come up with for this fun sketch.  Be sure to come on back and leave a link with your sample below!

Blessing to you this week! 
Mary Jo

3 nice people left a comment:

Rose said...

I love the colors in the Just Believe card and your kitty cat is adorable!

Claudia Perry said...

Both of your cards are GREAT! And your punch-art card is just adorable! You did good!

Rose said...

Hey MJ love your Just Believe card and your kitty cat with the punches is adorable. Love this sketch, i'm still on a roll.