Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's a Blog Hop--Big Shot Madness Style

VC_ROCKS BIG SHOT MADNESS
Join me and 32 of my fellow VC_rocks members as we hop around to see some fabulous projects showcasing our Big Shot!  That is right there are 33 stops on this tour so be sure have your favorite drink and a few minutes.  Of course you can always do it a little at a time, but once you get started you know you won't want to stop.  The projects will be well worth the time!  There is a full list of the participating blogs in order on the VC_rocks home page if you get lost or find a link that is not working.    I hope you enjoy my projects for today.  I needed a thank you gift for a teacher that loves butterflies and purple.  So this is what I came up with.  There is the main card that my son and I will be signing and then there is a box with four cards and envelopes and a calendar/memo hanger,   I hope she likes it.  Here is the picture of the whole group.






I tried to keep it pretty simple and only use a few items.  I focused on the Top Note die and the Strength and Hope stamp set.  Here are the items individually... the main card...




This one has only the tops of the top note on it.  You can see them above the sentiment.  Here is the box with it's matching cards.






And the calender/memo hanger...





So do you think she will like it?  I hope so.  All of the projects use the same items:

Stamps:  Strength and Hope and Swirls and Curls Hostess set (both in current mini catalog)
Paper: Concord Crush, So Saffron, Whisper White and in color dp pack
Ink: Concord Crush and So Saffron
Other: white organza ribbon, top note big shot die, embossing folders, jumbo eyelets, rhinestones, circle scissors plus, white gel pen, tool kit

Have fun on the rest of the tour!

PREVIOUS BLOG                                         NEXT BLOG




19 nice people left a comment:

Mary said...

Simply stunning and I really liked how you made a coordinated package. Unreal! You are so talented.

Brenda said...

Wow-amazing job. Love how everything coordinates and your cards are great.

Stace said...

Love the project ideas and colors.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Oh my, Mary Jo, the teacher is going to flip over this--so pretty, and all custom designed with her favorites! I'm especially taken with the hanging calendar/memo holder. . . .

inkedx2 said...

Great projects! Love the calender/memo holder.

Robbie

Anonymous said...

I love that calender/memo hanger...but I also love the top note die too.

Karen said...

You may be the "Top Note Queen"!! I love the memo/calendar hanger and the way you used only the top edges of the die on the main card. Great job! Thank you for sharing the ideas.

Debbie Flattum said...

The top note die is one of my favorites. You have done a great job showcasing it. I like the card box and calendar/memo hanger. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Beautiful - sure she will LOVE it! TFS!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow Mary Jo! I bet the teacher loved it!!! It is just beautiful group of projects!!!

Lorita said...

Wow! I always love seeing what you come up with and this is awesome!

scrappingnana said...

Great projects and very creative. Love the colors and especially the hanging calendar/note holder. I bet she loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Joan said...

Makes me wish that I was your son's teacher!! What a great gift this will be!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!!! :-)

Stamper Shirley said...

Wow, the teacher is going to love everything! You made great use of the Big Shot! I gotta make some of those memo holders! Thanx for sharing ...

Kym said...

Mary Jo, this is a gorgeous set!!! The teacher is going to love it. I am going to case the calendar/memo hanger. Absolutely beautiful!!!

Kym

Carey said...

This is just oh super wow. This wasn't up when I made the blog hop on early Sat morning. It is just absolutely fantastic. Thanks for this.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Elizabeth said...

All 3 projects are wonderful! I love the colors you put together and how you used that concord crush dsp on the sides of the card and box. TFS
Elizabeth K

Sherry said...

I lovelovelove your Memo Calendar! Can you share where you printed the calendar portion!?! I would love to make one of these for a dear friend of mine! TSMFS! sstaley@twcny.rr.com