Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Boo to You!



I am not much of a Halloween card maker/sender but I do love the Stampin Up! Halloween stamps so I have to at least make a couple every year. This card is another sketch challenge. I am ohhhhh so far behind on these. I really do not like being sick. I am feeling much better tonight though so I got to stamp a little in between club and other stuff.! This is sketch 11 from Sara's Desperate Stamper Blog. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get caught up! Here is the sketch.




The card base is Pumpkin Pie. I layered a piece of Basic Black card stock followed by a piece of the Creepy Crawly designer series paper. I inked up the letters B and O from Headline Alphabet with Pumpkin Pie ink and then added some Basic Black ink over half of the letter alternating which half of the letter I did in black. I then sponged some Pumpkin Pie ink around the edges. Next I sliced a small slit in the first O and inserted a vellum ghost that I made with my Sizzix. This entire piece was mounted on another piece of Basic Black. The little images on the bottom are all from the Booglie Eyes set. They are punched out with a 3/4 inch square punch and layered on a 1 inch circle of Basic Black. The side strip is Basic Black, more designer paper and the scraps left after a piece of Basic Black was punched with the Round Tab punch. I added one white brad to both pieces. Finally all of the top elements are popped up on dimentionals.

6 nice people left a comment:

rozie640 said...

Oh my gosh, this card is so freakin' cute!!!!! I love the SU Halloween stamps and the Creepy Crawlie paper, your card is fabulous, I am a Halloween maniac! Great job.

Sara said...

Wow, what a great card! Love that little ghost!
Thanks for sharing!

Dani said...

This card is so cute! That ghost is the best!

Amy Caraluzzi said...

How cute is this?!? Love your vellum ghost -- very creative!

Michele Kovack said...

This is absolutely adorable!!!

Ida said...

How fun! I love the use of the DP with this card & that ghost is so adorable. Love it. Ida