Sunday, May 30, 2010

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 124!

Wow, the week's just go faster and faster.  I hope you have been enjoying your holiday weekend.  I am so happy that tomorrow is yet another day of no school.  I am so ready for my son to be home with me for a while.   They have 16 more days left till summer vacation.  Let the count down begin! 

I hope that you found a moment over the last few days (or tomorrow, or any day) to think about the people who gave the ultimate price for OUR freedoms!  I find it incredible the courage these men and women have.  I pray that the troops that are continuing their efforts make it home safe and soon!  Hard to imagine what they are dealing with over there as we sit here and blog surf or what have you. 

Anyway, here is this week's sketch challenge...

I hope you will find time to play along this week!  It is an easy one.  I combined my sample with the new Latenightstamper's challenge for the week (which starts tomorrow)!  This week we have a color challenge.  Bordering Blue, Night of Navy and So Saffrron.  Fun combo!  Here is my sample...

This is one of those five minute cards.  I love that.  I had the sketch and the colors so it just went one two three.  Of course I kept it CAS (Clean and Simple) which I am really liking lately.

Stamps: Tropical Party, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Bordering Blue, Night of Navy DP, Whisper White, So Saffron
Ink: Night of Navy, So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Creamy Carmel
Other: wide oval punch, sponges

Don't forget to add your direct link below!  Can't wait to see you creations, I know they will be beautiful!


Thanks for stopping by
Mary Jo

5 nice people left a comment:

Kitty A. said...

I am SO in love with your palm trees and these colors! Wonderful sketch.... will go and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the inspiration!

Brenda Taylor said...

Great card MJ!! I found it funny that we both used patterns designer series paper on our cards

Gisèle said...

Another fantastic sketch. All the cards so far are just wonderful. Thanks!

Cynthia Stevenson said...

Great Sketch - I enjoy playing along. I really like your card - very pretty!
Cynthia

Hetty said...

Just added my sketch! I was very inspired by everyone else. Great cards.