Wednesday, October 28, 2009

For the kids! Heath Bar inspired pencil boxes.

ETA: You can find the directions for this at this post HERE.

Still working on my samples for this week's Latenightstamper's challenge to create a project using the colors that you find in a candy bar. I love the colors on this Heath bar and I love the taste of them even more! I needed to make something for the kids in my son's class for Halloween and didn't want to give too much candy so I made these pencil boxes and put in four pixie stick, a Halloween pencil and a Halloween stencil.


The pencil boxes are so easy to make. You start with a 3 and 1/2 inch by 12 piece of card stock. With the 12 inch side on top you will sore at 1/2- 8 and 8 and 1/2. Then turn the card stock so the 3 and 1/2 inch side is on top and score at 1/2 from both sides. I will make a tutorial if there is interest.

Stamps: none--I used the MDS
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip
Ink: none
Other: computer, MDS ribbon, scoring blade, Halloween pencils, pixie sticks, Halloween stencils.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are having a fabulously blessed day!
Mary Jo

3 nice people left a comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Oct. 29. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Alice said...

Ohh my, I love these!! You even have halloween pencils... wow!!! (I'm from the Netherlands, we don't have them overhere)

Patti J. said...

Great project! I would LOVE to have a tutorial! Or if you want to email me, I'm not smart enough to figure out the front of the box! Thanks - Love these!!! (Great music too - one of my favorite songs!)