Saturday, July 3, 2010

Stampin Connection's Featured Stamper # 22

Well this week we are finally getting around to choosing the Queen of the Brayer!  Yep you guessed it right it is none other than MichelleZindorf.  This is my very first time trying out one of Michelle's techniques.  I can see that these could be really fun and addicting!  My hands are quite the mess and my card does not even come close to having the dimension that her's does, but as I said this was my first time.  I am actually quite pleased with how it turned out and it was really easy too!  Looks so intimidating--that is why I never did it before.  So if you are a US demo please come on over to the Stampin Connection and play along. Click here to see the master list of the Featured Stamper Challenges.  If you are not you can still play by visiting Michelle's blog and then coming back and linking here! 

Anyway let's move on to the card, shall we?

I just love this sentiment!  So beautiful.  I stamped my flower with Cajun Craze and Basic Black.  The sky is and water are sponged and brayered with Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point.  The grass is done with direct to paper technique using Old Olive, Always Artichoke and Basic Black.  The highlights are done with a white gel pen.  Not bad for a first try, I over did the sky, not enough white left showing.   Here is Michelle's card, I know it is much better but.....

Thanks for the inspiration and tutorials Michelle!  Love them.

Mary Jo

6 nice people left a comment:

Susie Dillion said...

This is beautiful. I'm just learning and have a way to go so I like to see what others can do. Love your work. TFS.

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Ah yes, of course it's Michelle Zindorf!! She is a phenomenal teacher and artist... just LOVE her work!

akagreenhouse said...

Mary Jo, you did a great job! I was fortunate enough to take one of Michelle's classes. It was awesome! She is such an amazing talent! Now that you know you can do it, keep practicing! Every card will be easier.

Kristi Kelly said...

Your cards turned out beautiful! I can see where that would take some practice. I would love to teach my ladies how to do this in my technique stamp group.
Kristi in vegas :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card Mary Jo! I have taken Michelle's workshops twice- I invited her to come to my town...it never hurts to ask! This is a beautiful card I may just have to CASE your design!

Sandi said...

I knew it had to be a Zindorf card when you posted on LNS -- I love her work!! I try a lot of her tutorials, and they never turn out as nice as her original -- but I still love them. I don't think there is any "right" or "wrong" finished product with this style. Your card is very beautiful and doesn't need any changes. And just for the record -- I have never been able to "leave enough white" showing on my CASEs either! One of these days, I will control myself -- LOL. Thank you so much for sharing.
Sandi Dailey
gdailey@concentric.net