Decided to make a masculine birthday card for today! It actually matches the newest tutorial that will be coming out tomorrow! So if you were to purchase that tutorial you would have an extra card for a total of 7 cards using the same limited supplies! More about that later...Let's focus on today's card shall we?
- The base of the card is Basic Black Cardstock the is 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" that is folded in half to create card base.
- The next layer from the bottom up is a 4 3/4" by 3 1/2" piece of Basic Gray Cardstock.
- On the bottom 3" of this layer, I added two strips of Real Red Cardstock alternated with two strips of striped designer paper from the Sending Love paper pack. Each of these strips is cut to 7/8" by 3".
- Next, I added a strip of Basic Black Cardstock that is 3 1/2" by 3/4" over the top edge of the previous strips. See picture above for clarification. This entire element is attached to the front of the card base.
- Now you will want to stamp the lighthouse onto a 1 3/4" square of Whisper White Cardstock. The base image is stamped with Smoky Slate ink and the top part of the image is stamped with Real Red. Add the light streaming from the lighthouse with Daffodil Delight ink.
- Layer this element onto a Basic Black square that is 1 7/8". Add to the upper right-hand side of the Basic Gray layer as shown above.
- Finish off this card by stamping the Happy Birthday sentiment in Black ink onto a small scrap of Real Red Cardstock and cut out. Add to front of the card as shown above. Simple and cute! Great masculine card. Here is the inside of the card....