Yea, yea, I know I missed a week--my son's birthday and we do a bunch of stuff to celebrate and I completely forgot--sorry, just being honest. Whoops. So since tomorrow is Valentine's Day I thought it might be a good idea for me to make a card for my sweetie! Nothing like waiting till the last minute right, lol! I used the new Sealed with Love Stamp Set and the Love Notes Framelits. As you may know, I love to use sketch challenges so today I decided to look back of some of my own from way back when and found this one.....
- The base of the card is Real Red Cardstock the is 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" that is folded in half to create card base.
- All of the next four pieces are edged with a marker to add dimension without weight or thickness--my favorite trick. You need to be sure to do this to all of the elements before attaching to the card base.
- The designer paper with the words on it is 5 1/4" by 2 1/2" -- edge with a black marker and attach to left side of the card.
- The heart designer paper is 4 1/2" by 2" -- again edge with black marker and attach as shown in picture
- The Real Red square is 2 1/2"--edged with black marker
- The Happy Valentine's Day square is Whisper White and 2 1/4" square. Also edged with black marker.
- Happy Valentine's day is stamped in black ink and the lips are Real Red ink that has been stamped twice on scrap to make it light.
- The little strips on the bottom right-hand side are 1/8" by 1 1/2". After stamping the words I trimmed the two with the shorter sentiments into banner like cuts.