Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challeng #22

Did anyone else ever notice how fast Mondays come around. It seems like only a few hours ago that I posted my Friday Blogger's Challenge. It is funny that I have been doing this challenge for 22 weeks now and there has not been one single week that I have woke up on Monday ready to post! Usually I am on my first cup of coffee and remember I haven't done my card for my challenge yet, YIKES. That will have to change after next week though cuz the kids will be off school and I will be busy in the mornings -- not complaining though, I am excited to have my son home more. Anyway, on to this weeks sketch.......


It was a pretty simple sketch this week huh? And I am pretty happy with my card.




My card is using the Fairy Whimsey set from my new favorite stamp company Artful INKables. (besides SU of course) I swear I would purchase every single set they owned if I could justify and afford it, lol. I feel the same way about Our Daily Bread Designs. Two companies that have not put out a set yet that I don't like! The rest are hit or miss for me -- like some --don't like some. How about you, what is your favorite stamp company?

Here are the card details.

Stamps: Fairy Whimsey (this is how it is spelled on their site -- spell check HATES it!)
Paper: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White card stocks. Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink (hostess) Prints designer paper.
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: Watercolor crayons, blender pen, Cuttle Bug, Nestabilities die, Martha Stewart doily lace punch, clear glitter gel pen, misc. rhinestones. Dimensionals



Now for some more inspiration using this sketch.....




So how is that for some inspiration? Should have you just dying to go and stamp, don't forget to leave comment here with a link when you are done so I can share it with everyone. If you post on SCS please use the key word TSSC22. Hope you have a wonderful day -- the sun is out here!!! Even though they are calling for thunder showers all day. I am off to enjoy it while it is here.

14 nice people left a comment:

Sue from Oregon said...

What a precious card. That fairy is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

I love your fairy, your card is great!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful - such wonderful details with the doily paper punching and the cute paper pieced dress!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Jo! This is the first time I'm trying one of your sketches! Thank you for your inspiration!
I hope you like my card!

http://www.theartofinking.com/my_weblog/2008/06/heartfelt-thank.html

rozie640 said...

Wow, your card is beautiful. You did an excellent paper piecing and cutting job on your angel, love the white embossed piece behind the angel, excellent job.

Anonymous said...

Mary Jo, that is os sweet of you to say that!!

I love your fairie girl card...it is so pretty!

Kerry D-C said...

Mary, Mary, not contrary.....how does your creativity grow?!

Lovely! lovely! lovely!

Pat said...

Here is my card for this weeks challenge
pgarvin.blogspot.com

Pat

Margaret Kane Ward said...

Thanks so much for the card sketch. As I say at my blog, I needed a thank you card for work and this was perfect. Here's my take on the design:

http://margaelinks.blogspot.com/2008/06/thanks-bunch-afss22-lunchtime-sketch.html

Thanks for looking.

MelissaS said...

I think I may have missed a layer, but here's my card for this week's sketch!
http://whatdoyouink.blogspot.com/2008/06/techno-stamper-lunchtime-challenge-22.html

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Another great sketch MJ! I am glad to be participating again -- thanks for the inspiration!

http://glitterinmyhair.blogspot.com/2008/06/lilac-city-designs-first-card-tssc22.html

Hetty said...

http://craftchaos.blogspot.com/2008/06/oranje-orange.html

here is my sketch contribution!
Have a great day!
Hetty

Lori said...

Your paper pieced fairy is lovely! Thanks for sharing another great sketch. Here's my version: http://inkingaloud.blogspot.com/2008/06/yet-another-glam-girl.html

Stacy said...

Mary Jo, you always have such great ideas for your sketches! Life has finally settled down enough for me to jump back in this week. Here's the one I did:

http://stacys-scraploft.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-made-this-stamp.html

Thanks for letting me share!