Sunday, June 29, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 24

This weeks challenge is being posted at my New Summer Hours post time. My son needs to talk a summer reading class and I will not be able to post at noon for the next couple months, so I am thinking that I will actually post at night so that my readers that use a feedblitz will actually get it on Monday and not Tuesday! Then I will come back around lunch time-- little earlier or later depending on the day-- and post all the players. How is that?

I really like today's sketch. I actually make these sketches from all sorts of different things, cereal boxes, posters, labels -- and after I make them I don't look at them or think about them until the day I need to post, lol. See this way it is even a challenge for me. Honestly sometimes I open the sketch and say to myself "what the heck am I gonna do with that!" --pretty weird since I make them. Anyway as I said I did like this one and will probably use it again real soon. I had lots of ideas but went with the first one for this card. So here is the sketch.....





And now for my card. I really don't use my pretties kit enough because it is usually buried somewhere in my studio. So I have put it in the open and have been trying to use it. Hence the focal point of my card. The striped section behind the flowers is actually a clear acrylic picture frame with stripes. I thought it would be fun to use a background stamp for a change and stamp it twice so it is repeated behind the acrylic frame too. I really like it--fast and easy








Stamps: Paisley Background
Paper: Brocade Blue and Only Orange
Ink: Brilliant Blue
Other: Pretties Kit, Only Orange marker, Brocade Blue brad, rub ons, acrylic frame, white gel pen, dimensionals

So don't forget to come on back around lunchtime to see the other players. They always do a fabulous job so you won't want to miss their creations. See ya then.

By the way if you would like to play along it would make my day. After you post your card leave a comment here with a link so that I can share it with all of my readers. If you post on SCS please use TSSC24.

14 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Jo, I'm an old lady who is trying to blog after lurking on SCS for 3 yrs. I'm so untechno'd. I really to get that book "Blogs for Dummies." It took me months to figure out how to upload my cards. I can't seem to link my blog to your site. Am I supposed to be able to do that?
Anyway, my card is at the bottom of my blog http.//froglily.blogspot.com/ and I also uploaded it to SCS minutes ago with your title & sketch #24. I hope you will be able to see it. You always leave the kindest most encouraging comments.

God Bless You.
Erica (BTW, love your worship music.)

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Oooh, what a pretty card! I LOVE your colors and would never have thought to put them together. GREAT JOB!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the colors - great use of the Pretties Kit!

Alex said...

Beautiful card, I love that big flower! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stacy said...

What an adorable/gorgeous card!! I don't think I would have thought of making a flower embellie the focal "image" -- terrific idea. I sure hope I get some craft loft time today to work on this sketch. (And thanks for posting early so we "Feedblitzers" have it in our e-mail on Monday!)

Stephanie Hargis said...

Here's my card! I love your sketch but I do not love my card! I will definitely be playing again. I need to make a better card for it!

http://stephsstampinstuff.blogspot.com/2008/06/holy-cowi-meanhippo-thats-bright.html

Stacy said...

Woot!! I actually got up into the loft and DID THE SKETCH today! On Monday! I'm so excited!

Here's the link to see what I made:
http://stacys-scraploft.blogspot.com/2008/06/why-havent-i-been-blogging.html
Thanks for taking a look!
Stacy

LeAnne said...

Wonderful sketch, thanks to Margaret for inspiring me with that great glittery star! Love the music here, too!
Here's mine:
http://weeinklings.blogspot.com/2008/07/purely-wild-techno-challenge.html
If that's too long, just go to:
http://weeinklings.blogspot.com
Thanks,
LeAnne

Hetty said...

Hi MJ! Hope you have a great creative day! I made my cardsketch #24 today and you can see it here:
http://craftchaos.blogspot.com/2008/07/schelp-shell.html
One for the summer!
Enjoy.
Hetty

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for a great sketch! I'm having fun playing along!

http://www.theartofinking.com/my_weblog/2008/07/hello-friend.html

Lorie said...

I, too, love this sketch! Here is my try at it!

http://live-love-laugh-create.blogspot.com/2008/07/prettiest-owl.html

Anonymous said...

SUCH a PRETTY card, Mary Jo! Love the colors you chose, the rub-ons, and the fabulous use of the Pretties Kit! Awesome job!

Unknown said...

hi mary jo!! here's mine http://pezadoodle.blogspot.com/2008/07/perfect-pearls-tutorial-painting.html loved it as always!!

Lori said...

I love this week's sketch, Mary Jo! And the big flower on your sample is great, too. Here's a link to my version: http://inkingaloud.blogspot.com/2008/07/birthday-bird.html