Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Try Stamping on Tuesday--Holiday Tags

Ok so I know it is Wednesday--I completely forgot about this yesterday.  Since we went to posting every other week I have a hard time remembering, lol.  Go figure, stinks to get old!  Anyway, we have a special surprise for you for the next two weeks.  The team has been asked to make holiday tags and provide tutorials on each and every blog.  Now I am not a huge tag fan so mine is really pretty simple but there are some AMAZING samples from the rest of the team!  You really need to take some time to check them out  HERE



For my tag I decided to make the actual tag by using the smallest die in the envelope liner dies.

Envelope Liners Framelits Dies
  Envelope Liners Framelits Dies
Price: $26.95
 
The base of the tag is Whisper White and I used the Snow Day stamp set.  I began by stamping the snowflake randomly using versamark ink.  Then I used my aquapainter to paint the entire tag with Island Indigo Ink from the top of the pad and some alcohol.  You can not see the light resist that was created but it is pretty in real life.  Next I stamped the snowflake again in Island Indigo ink randomly over the top of that so that there is a feel of depth.  Finally I stamped the snow man on the tag then three more times on scrap Whisper White using Sahara Sand ink.  I only stamped the arms on the first one that was on the tag.  Then I cut out the body of the extra snowmen and used dimensionals to raise each layer up so that the snowman is really popped off the tag and dimensional--finish by adding the warm wishes sentiment in Cherry Cobbler and add some ribbon to the top.  Easy peezy~ don't forget to check out the rest of the team's samples--they are not as basic as mine!
 
Hope you have a fabulous  Thanksgiving (my American friends)
Mary Jo 

4 nice people left a comment:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Real cute tag, love the snowman!
Hugs Shell xx

OttawaMom said...

Your tag is super cute! I love the little scarf on the snowman. TFS

Leslie Hanna said...

Cute tag! What a great idea to use the tiny envelope liner to cut it out.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Unknown said...

I didn't buy this stamp set but you are sure making me wish I had! Such a cute tag :) Thanks for sharing!