Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday's Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #6

It's that time again! Time for the lunchtime sketch challenge. I really like this layout although I think it is a bit intimidating at first glance. I will be making another one with it soon.


I actually did a card with NO STAMPING! Got to love these new rub ons. I was a hard sell for them at first because I was thinking why? Why not just buy a stamp and do it any color and over and over again. But did you notice how wonderful these images stand out and the fact that there is no Whisper White of Vanilla card stock! Those images really pop on the Chocolate Chip card stock. Plus you can use them on so many other things. I have even seen them on people's nails for nail art, mirrors, windows, glass, candles, computer mouse and monitor, refrigerators, the list is endless and I am sold!



My card is using the retired Friends and Flowers Simply Scrappin Kit along with the SAB Love and Happiness rub ons and the Eastern Elegance rub ons. I also added some faux pearls to the mix. Hope you like it. And now check out these other fabulous samples..........



Lisa at Splendiferous Creations


Brenda at Memories by Brenda



Jane at Jane's Addiction


Adair on Splitcoaststampers


Claudia at Stampin in Columbus GA



Charlotte at Charlotte's Web


Pat at the Technique Trail

Feel free to play along, we would love to have you! If you load to SCS please use the key word TSSC6 no spaces. And be sure to leave a comment here so we can all see your work. Have fun and Happy Monday!



19 nice people left a comment:

Basement Stamper said...

This is awesome and I hardly used any stamps on mine either! I love those pearls and the rub-ons are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This is very nice, Mary Jo! Love the pearl embellies...great touch!

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the colors and the pearls! Thanks for the Monday Challenge!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love it! Now I need to go and see what everyone else did. I'm in the middle of uploading mine now.

Bellawhoop said...

I just love these bright colors and the design mix. :) Great job on the challenge. I also just adore those little pearls; they're perfect.

Stampin_Melissa said...

What a great card! Love those pearls! Here is my card:
http://stampinmelissa.blogspot.com/2008/02/technostamper-sketch-6.html

Valerie Byrnes said...

Once again your sketch and card are Marvy.
BTW Belated Happy Birthday! I got a cake like that once too. It was a total surprise the kids made it with the sitter while hubby and I were out to dinner. We are indeed blessed by our families.
Here's my card for this week:
http://pastperfected.blogspot.com/2008/02/technostamper-challenge-6.html
Love the challenges, keep em comin!

Kimm BT said...

Here is my week 6 sketch:
http://ephesian25stamps.blogspot.com/

Kimm BT

Mary Dawn said...

beautiful card

Anonymous said...

MJ, your card is so pretty. Love the rub-on and the soft edge scallop. Great colors too.

Pat said...

Another great challenge. I've added my card to my blog here: http://pgarvin.blogspot.com/
Keep them coming. PatG

Liz's Lovelies said...

http://lizslovelies.blogspot.com/2008/02/lunchtime-sketch.html

Here's my link to my card.
Thanks for the great sketch Mary Jo. I had fun with it . Made a masculine card with the sketch.
Liz

laurie serino said...

Thanks again for giving me some inspiration ! I make a lot of cards for people in our church and I really rely on sketches to keep me going ! Here's mine http://stampingforgodsglory.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am a little late, but I posted my Lunchtime Challenge #6 to my website, www.stampinwithjulie.com. This is also my Blogger's Challenge for last week. (It has been a busy couple of weeks).

Thanks,
Julie
www.stampwithjulie.com

Kerry D-C said...

Wow! This is spectacular, MJ! Sorry I couldn't participate this week.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Great card MJ!! *Really* liked this week's sketch - here's mine!

http://glitterinmyhair.blogspot.com/2008/02/cc155-tssc6-firecracker-froggie.html

Hetty said...

And here is another one I made today!
http://craftchaos.blogspot.com/2008/03/technostampers-sketch-6-2.html

Happy Sunday!
Hetty

Amber Porter said...

Finally got mine done! Right under the wire! LOL!! I may have strayed too much but I tried to stay close to the sketch! Have a great day!

Terri said...

Here is mine. http://terrbear38.blogspot.com/2008/03/mary-jos-lunchtime-sketch-week-6.html Sorry for waiting until the last minuite again. Nice job on your sample.