Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #12

Already a dozen weeks have pasted since I started these sketches. It never ceases to amaze me how fast the weeks and month and even years, for that matter, go by. A very nice older gentleman once told me to be thankful that the time go by as fast as it does because there are so many people who just dread each and every day and the days just drag by so slowly that they pray for them to end. When time goes fast it means you are living a full and joyful life! What a blessing that man was to me in the few minutes we chatted at the YMCA. So much insight and so willing to share. So I thought I would share it with you too.

Remember a while ago when my whole house got the flu, well that was how long ago I sent this sketch to the players so they would have it early. During that time I did not have time nor did a feel up to creating new sketches so as with last week's sketch this sketch was sent to me by Kerry at Three Clover Designs who just happens to be in the process of a root canal at this very moment - hope everything is going well Kerry! If you have a sketch you would like to see us use feel free to send it to me at technostamper@roadrunner.com. Now, on to the sketch......




And of course here is my sample using the sketch.......



I loved the retired Outlaw paper so much that I did not want to use this new Western Sky paper that I have had for almost two months and it was not even open! But I have to admit that I do like it now that I used it. Hope you enjoy it too.

Stamps: Wanted and the Designer Label set from the old punch box
Paper: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, River Rock and the Western Sky Designer Series papers
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: Designer Label punch, cuttlebug embossing folder, nestibilities dies, and the HodgePodge Hardware from the spring mini.


Now for the other players this week.......


Lisa at Splendiferous Creations


Kerry at Three Clover Designs



Pat at the Technique Trail


Brenda at Memories by Brenda


Claudia at Stamping in Columbus, GA


Margaret at Fun Stampin' with Margaret



Kim at Kim's Basement Stamping



So how is that for some inspiration? Should have you just dying to go and stamp, don't forget to comment here when you are done so I can share it with everyone. If you post on SCS please use the key word TSSC12. Hope you have a wonderful day -- the sun is out here!!! YIPPEE!!






19 nice people left a comment:

Margaret Raburn said...

MJ, Love your great card! I too loved the previous western paper but like the new also since I've used it too.
Thanks for another challenge; I really enjoy doing these!

Anonymous said...

Umm, I have no idea what happened to my last comment. Here is what I meant to say :)...

Fantastic card! I hope to play this time around. Maybe once I get my studio together. I have been at it all day and I sure could use a break!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I love this card, I will be casing it. The silver hardware is great on this card

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful card - love the HPH.

Anonymous said...

Mary Jo, love, your card..I have that paper and savoring it also.
Thanks for all your work on the sketch challenges.
Connie Paxman

chickadee3357 said...

These challenges are so much fun! Here is my card: http://vanpalmperk.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary-Jo, First I have to comment on your song -"I Can Imagine" from Mercy Me-This is my favorite Christian song and was a blesssing to me this morning! Thank You <><
Secondly, your work is gorgeous. You are very talented-TFS!

God Bless,
Rhonda Sands

Krafting Karen said...

love all the cards and the challenge. Check out my blog Mary Jo I left something there for you kraftingwithkaren.blogspot.com

stampqueen said...

Yippee I got time to stamp - here's my try for the week...
www.stampqueen.blogspot.com/2008/04/technobohobutterflys.html
Love your cards!!!
Tera

Liz's Lovelies said...

Here's my try at this week's sketch.
http://lizslovelies.blogspot.com/2008/04/technostamper-challenge.html

Thanks,
Liz

Pat said...

Thanks. Here is my card for this week. Pat
http://pgarvin.blogspot.com/

Anita Van Hal said...

Hi Mary Jo! Here's my attempt at this week' sketch...thanks for doing this-great fun!!!

Anita Van Hal
Praierie Papier Ponderer
http://www.anitastamps.com

Anonymous said...

Loved this sketch! Here's mine:
http://tinyurl.com/4nc7lt

Stephanie Hargis said...

Hey MJ! Thanks so much for this awesome sketch! This is my first time playing and I loved it! You can count on me coming back! :D Here is my take on the sketch. I do need to tell you that I accidently glued my dp on upside down though so the sketch is reversed. I hope that's ok! Thanks again! I love your version!
http://stephsstampinstuff.blogspot.com/2008/04/best-card-i-have-ever-made-imho.html

Anonymous said...

Loved it so much I made another :).
http://sweetnsassystamps.blogspot.com/2008/04/eureka.html

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing another great sketch! I really like your western version. Here's my try at it: http://inkingaloud.blogspot.com/2008/04/orange.html

Terri said...

Here's mine http://terrbear38.blogspot.com/2008/04/mary-jos-lunchtime-sketch-week-12.html I really liked this sketch. Nice job on your sample too.

Stacy said...

This is a great sketch, and some great cards made from it!

I finally got around to making mine -- and am on track again! You can see it at: http://stacys-scraploft.blogspot.com/
2008/04/card-frenzy.html

Last week's card (which I did this week) is on the post prior to this one.

Thanks!!

Holly said...

What a fun sketch! Here is my take on it:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/885626?cat=500&ppuser=4030

Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us.
Holly