Thursday, April 24, 2008

Reuse, Reduce and Recycle

I have had this idea in my head for a few weeks and finally was pushed to make it by todays Ways to Use it Challenge on SCS. The Challenge was to use scissors in different ways. I used the scissors to curl the ribbons and cut out the stars. This was really a fun project but the colored M&M's are NOT cheap! Just a warning, lol. Here is a picture of the centerpiece alone.






Here is a before and after. As you can see I used an empty Fuze bottle! These bottles are great for this type of project because the label peels off easy the the numbers on the bottle come off really easy with nail polish remover. The bottles are pretty too!





And then I was playing around with one of my photoshop programs to see if I could make a type of collage of the close up pictures. I think I made them too small though???



Stamps: In the Stars and the jumbo star wheel
Paper: Whisper White and Real Red
Ink: Night of Navy
Techniques: ribbons, markers, rub ons, scissors, circle punch and lots of M&M's

2 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary Jo....just like everything you do, this project is beautiful! I love coming to your blog and checking out the artwork, I always linger a while listening to the wonderful music and go away feeling inspired by the art and refreshed by the music! Jan

Unknown said...

These are so cute! I'm a card girl and have done very little altering of items, it's a bit intimidating. What do you use as adhesive to cover the lid? Is that just a strip of paper around the lid and then the emblished circle for the top?
TFS
Diane