Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mystery Image Challenge -- Hambo stamps

How cute is this little duck from Hambo Stamps. I just got it for a Mystery Image swap. These are a riot -- one of the members hosts and send everyone the same mystery image. Then we need to create a card for our partner with the image. I am enjoying it because this is an area I have had a hard time with in the past. Not the image part but using something that is already stamped -- you know it is harder to add to it or to change the image but it is not impossible. We did get more than one of the image so I was able to paper piece his beak and feet and pop them up on dimensionals! Although my first look at the duck seem sad - and I was going to use some time of sad sentiment such as "Waddle I do with out you" but thought I would use this one from Sweet and Sassy Stamps instead " I knew you wouldn't Quack under pressure." I needed a few thank you cards for some people who worked hard on a project for me at my church and this really just fit!





Supplies used:

Stamp Hambo Stamps and Sweet and Sassy Pond Pals
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White and misc scraps of dp
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Black
Other, dimensionals, silver hodgepodge, markers, paper piercer, Nestabilities dies, designer label punch

Thanks for stopping by today -- hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend. Get some ink on your fingers.

4 nice people left a comment:

Cynthia said...

Oh he is so cute. What a great card! Thanks for sharing Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Here is my sketch 12. Thanks for the inspiration.

Colleen
http://cmblmtlovesstamping.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/04/quick-post.html

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh, how cute is that! quack quack!

dasimonds said...

Super cute Card!!
cute duck..great sentiment