Friday, August 30, 2013

Flashback Friday!

I love digging though my older sets and finding ones that have not been used in quite a while for this fun Flashback Friday challenge!  This week i found the old Ageless Adornment set--I used to love the butterfly in this set and used it all the time--I still have a hard time reading the font for the sentiments though I think it is so pretty but too small and fine for me to read, lol.  Getting old stinks!  So I used a sentiment from the current Love and Sympathy set.


Here is a picture of the Ageless Adornment set....






I love to stamp on Crumb Cake card stock and then re-stamp a part onto Whisper White and cut it out and add it--really makes it pop!  I especially love this technique for snowmen. 

Stamps: Ageless Adornment, Love and Sympathy
Paper: Crumb Cake and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black and Crumb Cake
Other: scallop edge punch, crumb cake ribbon, embossing folder

Want to see more ideas with older sets? Check out what Nicole did for the challenge this week--remember that is who thought of this great Flashback Friday challenge to begin with--I just hopped on it with her!

Happy Friday!  The beginning of a holiday weekend--and sadly the end of Summer.
Mary Jo

2 nice people left a comment:

Queen Bea Scraps said...

What a beautiful card. I wish I had that stamp set.
When was Ageless Adornment set active? Just wondering.

Great card!!!


QueenBea

Cheryl Mooney said...

Beautiful card, Mary Jo! I love the white flower popped up on the crumb cake, so soft. I would love to see you use this set again soon, especially the butterfly, and the pear also. But I agree with you about the font on those sentiments...