Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge 275! (TSSC275)

Welcome to week 275 of my sketch challenges!  Wow, don't' that seem like a crazy number of sketch challenges?!  I can not believe we are still plugging away 1908 days later (or close to that)!  I am excited about this week's sketch because it is a bit basic and that always lends itself to lots of different ideas from both the team and the participants! And also it is going to run for two weeks! Since I am on vacation I will not be able to post next Monday in advance as I just did not have time to get my card done before leaving.  I will also be picking a random winner for a NICE surprise blog candy package!   So let's get this challenge started.  Here is the sketch....

I didn't even add color--didn't want to influence your choices at all!  Here is my sample....

I pulled out the My Friend set--this set has not been used in while and decided to match it up with some of the new colors for this cute friend card.

Stamps: My Friend
Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Whisper White
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding and Basic Black
Other: Itty Bitty Shapes Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, candy dots, markers

Now for the AMAZING design team's samples....(I posted this early so if all of the team samples are not added please be sure to check the linky tool for the rest--I am on vacation all this week!)

These guys never cease to amaze me with their talent--I know you appreciate their work too!
Now it is your turn to play along--here a few rules for participation..

Remember this one challenge is running for TWO FULL WEEKS and one random person with get a nice BLOG CANDY PRIZE PACKAGE from me at the end--the more you play the better your chance!

  1. You have a two full weeks to play along! (this challenge only--is normally one week)
  2. Create a new card using the sketch as your inspiration.
  3. Use any products you choose.
  4. Add your card to your blog or other on-line spot and link back to this challenge.
  5. Come back here and add a direct link to your sample for the challenge and NOT you home page of your blog--people will not look for your challenge card--trust me.
  6. And this one is not really a rule but a request--get rid of that word verification!  It makes it hard for us to comment on your samples.  It is easier for you to delete the spam then for us to jump through tons of hoops to comment.  If your put your comments on moderation you do not have to worry about spam--you will have the option to delete it BEFORE it ever goes on your blog so you will ALWAYS be safe!
  7. Have fun and tell you friends to play too!

     Thanks for stopping by--Mary Jo 
    Add your sample to the linky tool below.


4 nice people left a comment:

Carol Carriveau said...

Your sketch is wonderfully simple and totally up to the designer...your card is lovely...I just found some tops using this set from an earlier swap I was in....thanks for the reminder to pull out our old sets.... The other cards posted are wonderful as well! Am sure you are having a wonderful vacation!

Cynthia said...

Hello, the cards are all so gorgeous!! I am new to card making and I don't have a blog, so I don't know how I would link a card to your blog. I have a lot to learn!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Jonia said...

Well Mary Jo I added my sample, but I guess it was deleted or something. Anyway, I love this sketch and I love the samples. Great job this week girl.

Mary Davidson said...

Great sketch, Mary Jo! I love all the samples...you have a wonderful design team. Thanks!