Friday, July 20, 2012

Crazy Week!

So, how has your week been going--I sure hope better than mine. I will not go into all the details but lets just say that my bank--HSBC has changed over to Key or First Niagara depending on which branch you were at and it was supposed to be a simple change over with no problems for us! Sound good huh? Well let's just say--they lied, lol! And when you have no access to money you have lots of stressful situations come up! But all is figured out now and I am back to my normally scheduled program--running a bit late though. So this week's challenge on LNS was to do Embedded Embossing. This is a really cool technique that makes some beautiful cards. The technique makes your paper look like you have somehow embedded stamped images or pieces of paper into your base card stock. All you need is an embossing folder and a big shot.  Adhere something on a piece of card stock. either a stamped and cut/punched out image or other color card stock shapes.   Place the card stock in an embossing folder and run it through your big shot.  The layer gets embedded and looks fabulous! I used my lattice die cut and created this cross them attached it to a piece of Early Espresso card stock and then ran that piece through the bigshot with the square lattice embossing folder and this is the result. 

Isn't it beautiful!  I love it.  This is the only reason I purchased this die--to make these crosses.   The banner is cut with a Spellbinders die and I embellished a bit with pencil to give it more dimension.  Why not come on over and play along with the challenge! 

Mary Jo

4 nice people left a comment:

Kris Sobolik said...

Love this and the colors are great together too.

Jonia said...

Mary Jo this is just stunning. Love it andmay have to case it!

scrappingnana said...

Love your card and I love that die also, and how you can alter it to make the lovely cross. TFS

sherryd said...

Mary Jo,
I love this card! Could you tell me what color of blue you used besides the tempting turquise? I am trying to figure it out......I love the color combination!