Friday, July 6, 2012

So many challenges...so little time!

I have two challenge cards to share with you today.  One is for the 411 sketch challenge and one for Create with Connie and Mary sketch.  Both sketches were really fun this week.  Different and I like that!

The first is the 411 sketch..which by the way I thought I still had time to post since the linky tool is still open--but I see they picked their top three already--sad face, lol. Lesson learned see when the challenge ends and not when the linky closes--I just assumed they were the same--and we all know the saying about what happens when we assume.






My mom asked for some anniversary cards so I am sure you will see a few in the next few days.  This is the first.  Love these colors and this darling stamp set!  Details will be at bottom of post.

Next up is the Create with Connie and Mary sketch another fun one.  I flipped it on its side though and made this super fun birthday card using it.





I love the colors they are just so fun.  What a cute stamp set this one is too!  Here are the details for each card.

Card one.
Stamps: For the Birds, Teeny Tiny Wishes, and an old retired stamps set for the Love Birds sentiment.
Paper: Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White and Twitterpated dp
Ink: Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
Other: pinking hearts border punch, markers

Card two:
Stamps: Animal Talk
Paper: Daffodil Delight,  Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Floral District DP
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze
Other: markers, end of pencil eraser for dots.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend.  I am so looking forward to mine.
Mary Jo


11 nice people left a comment:

Tammy said...

Love both cards! So glad you could play along with us at Stamping 411--even if you were late!! Glad we still got to see your card!

Shans Design Studio said...

Love them both! Thanks for sharing. :)

Selene Kempton said...

Better late than never! I love the cards you made and was admiring them before I realized you played along! These are gorgeous!

Kris McIntosh said...

These are both great cards. I especially love the one for Stamping 411. Don't you hate it when you miss a deadline!
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love the Animal Talk set and I also wanted to flip the sketch but then I didn't in the end. For the Birds is another favorite and what's funny is I have been using these same two sets over the past couple of weeks and when I saw your post I thought you were on the same wave length as I was!
Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie & Mary. I'm excited to see more of your creations each week.
Monika

Jen Mitchell said...

What fun cards! So colorful and imaginative! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

Melissa Davies said...

Your cards are so creative! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

Both cards are so wonderful! Love the little puppy image and the way you flipped the sketch! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

Great cards! Love the happy puppy image and that you flipped the sketch for CCMC. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Mary Brown said...

Oh my...these are both ADORABLE and I LOVE the ARRF card...LOVE this set! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Great idea to flip the sketch! That set is so cute and I don't even have a dog...more a cat person! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!