Saturday, July 23, 2011

Christmas in July!

My first Christmas card for the year.  It is actually a hybrid card--part My Digital Studio and part regular stamping.  The main image is done on the My Digital Studio program--so easy to do the mirror technique using this program.  The rest of the card, including the coloring of the image, is done the traditional way.  It also fits this week's Latenightstamper's challenge to use new products.  I used the new in colors again.


Stamps:  MDS and small snowflake from older retired SU set?
Paper: Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party and Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Other: markers, snowflake embossing folder

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
Mary Jo

5 nice people left a comment:

Runnergirl Creations said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing!

Claire Ventre said...

OMG!! I have always loved this set and now I cannot wait to make this reflection card and show the technique in my technique class!! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Mary Jo--=This is a GREAT card and a good reminder for us all to get busy making holiday/Christmas cards as it will be here before we know it.

I need to get crakin' on my swaps for SUDSOL--and now I know I'll use that embossing die for my beautiful season one.

Great card--I STILL wish I had that set!!!
Hugs, Nola

Nancy Hill said...

I like the idea of using your MDS and getting the reflection! Thanks for sharing MJ

Charlotte said...

I love this stamp set and the new In Colors!
~Charlotte