Saturday, July 9, 2011

VC_Rocks Blog Hop

This month's blog hop is anything but a card.  Should be a super fun one to check out.  I am sure you will be amazed at the great projects our talented stampers are going to share with you.  Enjoy the tour!  If you get lost along the way you can view the entire list of participants on the VC_Rocks blog by clicking the logo below.
The official start time for the hop is 
10am Eastern Standard Time.


My post was all fun and games.  Don't you just love that!  I truly do love to craft, pretty much any type of craft--the one craft that I want to do but really can not is sewing so I decided to give it a try with the fabric I purchased from the Holiday Mini.  It has been just sitting here calling my name.  I was able to get three projects for one piece--then I spent a little time making a game for my son and I to play at restaurants and such.  That is at the end of the post.  I hope you enjoy my projects today. Let's get started.

First up is a checkbook cover with a matching note pad for my purse.  Be kind on me--I know my stitching is not the straightest--it took me forever to just get the machine threaded, lol! And I was making up the patterns as I went along.  I am actually pretty happy with the results.






Here is the checkbook cover open...




And the note pad open...



Then I had a small strip left so I made myself a necklace!!!





Isn't that fun!  I sewed a strip of material then added small light wooden balls (would have used Styrofoam but only had these).  I added the balls one at a time and tied a knot next to each one.  It was not long enough to reach the back so I had to add some wire wrappings and some chain to the back.  Pretty neat looking in real life.  It don't really match the shirt I have on in the picture but you get the idea--don't you??

All three of the projects were made from one piece of our material.  I also used my flower folds die, a button, ribbon, wooden beads.

Next is a super fun game for my son and I to do when we are bored at restaurants.  It is just like Tic Tac Toe but it is called Cats and Dogs--friends fur ever!


 Here is the tin open...

And  a close up of the game pieces.  I used bottle caps with magnets on them.  We have been having fun with it already!

Well that is all from me today!  I hope you enjoyed my Anything but a card projects.  Click on the images below to be taking to the next blog or you can even go back to the previous one if you need to.  See you soon and enjoy the hop!
Mary Jo






27 nice people left a comment:

stampwithsandy said...

Wow, for someone who "can't sew" your projects are pretty amazing! I love them all! The necklace is so adorable. Where did you find the balls? stampwithsandy@aol.com Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Love the game idea!

Shari said...

Great stuff, MJ! Love it all!

Elizabeth said...

I love them all! The game is too cute! How fun!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful way to use the fabric. Love what you have done. I would like a notebook cover please. LOL

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Mary Jo, I love these projects made with the Stampin Up! material, I have some, but I really don't sew so I haven't done anything with it. I also love this little tic tac toe set, I have some little ones in the family who would love this, too. thanks so much for sharing.

Carey said...

The music scared the bejeebers (whatever those are) out of me when it came on. Then I recognized it- Mercy Me. This is the kind of music I listen to all of the time. (I think I have said that before on your blog.) I am leaving it on for the whole blog hop. Anyway, I love all of your wonderful projects. I think I need to make some of those beads. TFS


Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Dawn said...

Mary Jo--What elegant projects! So beautiful with the fabric. I also love the tic-tac-toe game--I think these would make great gifts for kids! Thanks for sharing!

Brenda said...

Great projects. the cloth checkbook cover is a fantastic idea. The tic-tac-toe game is great. What a great way to spend "filler" time.

creations by jackie said...

Love your projects. Especially the necklace and checkers. In all they were all great. Thanks you clever girl!!

StamperShirley said...

What a neat idea - love your fabric projects! And I am going to make some of those games for my grandchildren - and maybe some for people to use at church too .... Thanx so much for sharing your idea!

Patrice H said...

Funny Carey said that, as she is my BFF and I listen to your blog all the time.♦ Only thing is that Christian music makes me cry. I LOVE IT!!!I feel the power of our Father deep in my soul! Thank you for touching all of my senses including Sight and Sound! You are so darn cleaver my friend!

Anonymous said...

loved all your projects...thanks for hopping with us!

Chris Occhipinti said...

I love different fabric ideas and these are fresh and new! I don't really sew but I think I could do these...thanks for the creative spark!

And the Cat-and-Dog game is simply GENIUS!!!

Krafting Karen said...

Love the projects Mary Jo....I have to tell you I made necklaces like that years ago. Made mine using marbles. Really heavy. Like the form ball idea better!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

You did a fabulous job sewing your projects!! Beautiful job.. love the leftover necklace!!

Mary said...

Love the travel game idea- this will be a fun gift for my friends with younger children

A Touch of SOL said...

WOW! I want the necklace...ALL your projects are FA-BU!

Nichole Loe said...

I love your projects! I especially love the game! My kids would love something like that! Thanks for adding another project to my "To Do" list. :)

Sharon Field (Created by You) said...

Cool necklace! Love your projects Mary Jo (as always)thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

om gosh mary jo what fabulous projects! for not being able to sew you sure did a great job! and i love the little game idea! may have to steal that one!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

What a fun selection of projects, MaryJo! I'm especially taken with the Dog-Cat-Toe game--how cool is that?!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

What a fun selection of projects, MaryJo! I'm especially taken with the Dog-Cat-Toe game--how cool is that?!

Kym said...

These projects are fabulous Mary Jo. I never would have guessed that the fabric would go that far. Guess I need to actually open up the packages. ;) Thanks for sharing such great ideas!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Love all your projects! Feel a case coming on with the Cats & Dogs game. Too cute!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Elizabeth said...

I love, love, love your projects! What a great idea to have this game to play with a fidgety son. I wish I would have had one 15 yrs ago.

Welcome to my Stamping Blog! said...

Love your projects!! Thanks for sharing your awesome works of art!