Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Try Stamping on Tuesday

Today's sketch at Try Stampin on Tuesday is dedicated to Back to School with a little twist...the use of metal or metallic color (silver, gold, bronze).

I really had no idea where I was going with this one--especially the metallic part -- my brain did not even think about paper clips and items of that nature as the answer--no I went with a gold marker and a gold and silver star??!!  Not the best idea but it did work, lol.  


I used a bunch of items that I have not touched in years--the star is and apple are both sizzix dies, the circle is a framelit.  The paper is from one of those big paper packs that has a school theme from one of the box stores.It was a scrap piece so I do not even know who makes it.  But there you have it--a back to school theme card with metallic colors.  This will be for my son on Thursday when he goes back to school--whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!  I hate the end of summer.

By the way did you see my newest Fall tutorial?

Gently Falling Card Set Tutorial

5 unique cards using one main set and color combo

The tutorial has 7 full pages of step by step directions including all cut sizes for paper.  Each card using the same products but in different ways.  

Get it all for only $2.50!

 

1 nice people left a comment:

stampwithamyk said...

Fabulous card! Love the apple and the great sentiment. Perfect for back to school!