Sunday, January 20, 2013

Playing with the Paper Players

I  am not sure if I have ever played along with this challenge or not. I know I always mean to but then I forget.  This week is a clean and simple sketch challenge.  Just what I need for a masculine card and I am forcing myself to use a stamp set I bought way too long ago to admit to--when the new catalog first came out.  (this is my first time using it) so what better way to get acquainted with the set than with a clean and simple sketch?! 

Here is the sketch...you can see the original challenge post on their page by clicking on the sketch below.


I am not really sure I like the card I created--feels like it needs something but I was really trying to keep it SIMPLE.

Stamps:  Clockworks, Vintage Verses (SAB 2013)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Other: sponges, brad

Hope you had a great weekend!  Glad to have an extra day with my son since tomorrow is a holiday--we are going rock climbing!  Always a good time. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Mary Jo

6 nice people left a comment:

Amy O said...

I love the antiqued look you gave this card! And you're right -- this is a perfect sketch for a masculine card. I'm glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

Mary Davidson said...

I love it! I'm glad you inked it up!

LeAnne said...

I am so glad you finally got to play with the Players with your fabulous vintage-style creation! It's wonderful!

Carol Carriveau said...

Wonderful card...love the antiquing. I did not get this set as I have the clock set from a few years back...maybe I made an error in judgement...LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love Clockworks and you have done a nice job with the distressing! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Jen Nelson said...

great vintage card!
So glad you joined us at the paper players
Jen x