Friday, October 26, 2012

A different take on white on kraft!

Here is a different way to use white on kraft paper (Crumb Cake).  I stamped the images in versamark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I used the lid of my stamp pads and a blender pen to color in the images.  I love the look.  What do you thing?  Not quite as bold as the snowmen on white two post ago but still a great look!


Stamps: Watercolor Winter, retired sentiment stamp
Paper: Crumb Cake
Ink: Versamark
Other, stamp pads (old olive, riding hood red) blender pen, white embossing powder, red marker.

Moving right along on these Christmas cards, funny I hate to get started on them but once I do I can't seem to stop!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend--we are expecting lots of rain here--and we have out Church Trunk or Treat event--hope it clears for those few hours anyway!

Thanks for stopping by,
Mary Jo

11 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love this technique!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Tami said...

One of the prettiest cards I've seen all season! Gorgeous!

Shans Design Studio said...

Love it! Will definitely be CASE'ing this! Another Fabulous card. TFS

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful. Love the white embossing on kraft. TFS

Vickie Kertz said...

I absolutely love the look. The soft color with the craft background is really a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Love the effect of this white embossing on Crumb Cake. I think I may just have to CASE this one. Thanks for the inspiration Mary Jo.

Alyssa said...

Gorgeous!! Love, Love, Love it!! I'm completely inspired to run away from my computer and create something similar.....kudos!!

Vickie Kertz said...

I just love this look. I did try it and the technique is easy and the results are worth it. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

TrishG said...

This is beautiful! I love the white embossing and the coloring.