Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Couple cards for today

First and foremost--I am having a bitter sweet day as I make the card below--even shed a few tears--my baby is turning 13 tomorrow.  How does that happen.  It feels like just yesterday we brought him home form the hospital.  He has been a constant joy in my life and I am so grateful to be his mom.  But a teenager--seriously!!!   With that this is his birthday card....

he is obsessed with all things military--even says he is going to be a Marine Force Recon when he is older--no wonder I stress so much!  The crazy kid.  I used the sketch challenge on SCS for the layout and it really came together quick!  Here is the inside...






I also want to share with you my second card for the LNS challenge this week--Feeling Blue--make a card with blue as your main color--I chose to go with Midnight Muse and Bashful Blue.  Need a few cards for the church ministry card tree--need to be flat and mailable--so here it is.





Card 1 details: 
Images--on done on my computer--I cut out two of the drill sergeant so I could make him 3d like--his hand and face are both popped up and add so much to the finished card. Retired Happy Birthday To You stamps.
Paper: Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink: Always Artichoke
other: markers, nestibility dies, stick on star and tiny circle punch

Card 2:  Oh Hello, Blessings From Heaven
Paper: Bashful Blue, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, DP
Ink: Bashful Blue, Midnight Muse
Other: framelits, sponges

Hope your have a wonderful Wednesday!
Mary Jo


2 nice people left a comment:

Nadine.W said...

I love the drill Sargent. Really awesome card!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Ha...13 - yes a growing up and changing age...but wail til he is in his 30s....that is really scary! Love your card and sentiment!