Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Try Stamping on Tuesday

It's Tuesday again so that we are working on a new sketch over on the Try Stamping On Tuesday Blog.  I hope you can play along. We are celebrating TSOT's  two year anniversary so it is a PRIZE week!  This week we have a pretty simple layout--I finally pulled out my Feeling Sentimental Stamp set to play.

I also pulled out a color I have not used in a while--Calypso Coral!  So pretty.  I even left the layout nice and simple.  The Hello comes from the Oh, Hello set--I cut the Oh and the Hello in two since I know there will be more times that I want to use the Hello. 

Here is the sketch.... as you can see I flipped it to make my bike image work.  The black frame is from the Labels Collection framelits--I used the same die in two different directions--Look here for a tutorial that I did a while ago on how to do that HERE

Stamps: Feeling Sentimental, Oh Hello
Paper: Calypso Coral, Basic Black, Whisper White and Tea for Two Designer Series Paper
Ink: Basic Black, Calypso Coral
Other: Labels Collection Framelits, marker, sponges, white gel pen

7 nice people left a comment:

LeAnne said...

Love this! A great, bold color combo! I can't wait to get this set--today!!!!

Carol Carriveau said...

Very pretty card, Mary Jo! While I am not an orange fan, your combination with black and white really makes this a very special card!

Sarah said...

Great card :) Even though orange scares me and I never use it, I could totally see myself casing this card. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Cheryl Mooney said...

This card rocks!! I had been thinking of Calypso Coral all day at work and I could not resist CASEing it. Thank you for sharing it. Thanks for reminding me about your tutorial; the timing was perfect.

Mynn xx said...

I LOVE the amazing orange you used on this card! Black and orange NOT for Halloween is just always so fabulous! That bike image is fun and I LOVE the sentiment! HUGS! :)

Karen said...

So lovin' this color combo Mary Jo. Just an great clean card with a simple image and sentiment.

Paula Reid said...

Your card looks fabulous - I love the contrast of the Calypso Coral and Black. Very stunning.