Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Try Stamping On Tuesday

Super fun sketch this week on Try Stamping On Tuesday!  I was so excited that it so perfectly fit my new You are my Sunshine single stamp!  My card is so bright and cheery, I just love it. 





I know I am not alone when I say this is the song I sang to my son all through his baby/toddler years.  I did change a few words to make it more personal, but the you are my sunshine part was ALWAYS there. 

Here is the sketch we are using this week....


Details for my card--I cut two circles both the same size--one using dp the other using Pumpkin Pie card stock.  Then I laid them on top of each other and cut in half then continued to cut triangles until I had cut the entire circle--then I just mixed up the pieced and added them to a larger scallop circle--finally I came in with a black marker and added the dots around each piece to kind of pull in the dots on the stamp.
Stamps: You are my Sunshine (single stamp)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Summer Starfruit, Basic Black, DP
Ink: Basic Black
Other: markers, button, black twine, nestibilities 

Hope you have a Sunshine-y kind of day--it is crazy windy and cold here!
Mary Jo

11 nice people left a comment:

Nancy Seed said...

I love your little storey about the song. Great card. Beautiful up beat colours as well.

Creative Juice by Loni said...

What a day-brightener card! That will bring a smile to someone's face :)

Jamie ~ www.GettingCrafty.net said...

Love the card! I too sing to my kids this song.

Mynn xx said...

I LOVE that stamp and your pieced "sun" behind is amazing! GORGEOUS card! HUGS! :)

A Touch of SOL said...

I love it...I still sing it to my kiddies and now my godson...I also personalize...

Heidi Weaver said...

I've always loved the song and sang it to my daughter from the time she was born. Of course I was delighted to see the stamp and had to buy it immediately. I love the colours you've used--they reflect the happiness of the song. Nicely done!

StinkerbellSteph said...

So charming! What a great use of this stamp, colors, etc.

Sarah said...

Fabulous card! Great colours and such a cute sentiment :)

Glenda Calkins said...

Beautiful Bright colored card! I like how you used the single stamp.

Karen said...

Humming the song as I type...this is so fun, cheery and bright! Summer on a card and I am so happy you were able to use this stamp. Yeah!

Paula Reid said...

I love your card - it's so bright and cheery. I hope we get that stamp 'down under'.