Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Finally a Change of Address!

Well, not really --I did not move although I would love to.  I just finally pulled out this darling stamp set and matching dies.  I was about to jump in the shower to get my day going and seen the cool sketch on SCS and knew I had to make a card with this set.  As you will see I had to adjust the sketch a bit to work as the dress form was bigger than I thought.  But I think it is cute, don't you?

I actually thought this looked like a fussy set and that it would be kind of tedious to play with but quite the opposite is true.  So easy--I made this whole card in about 5 minutes with scraps laying next to my trimmer!  The dress was crazy easy to do.  I used the top half of the dress to make the sweater--using a marker to make links at the bottom to look like the bottom of a sweater and added tiny pearls for buttons.

Here is the sketch--as I said I had to adjust a bit ...

Stamps: All Dressed Up
Paper: Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Midnight Muse, DP
Ink: Midnight Muse
Other: markers, pearls, oval punch and scallop oval punch, framelits

Happy Hump Day!
Mary Jo

2 nice people left a comment:

StinkerbellSteph said...

You really didn't have to make it this amazingly adorable! I LOVE the idea of a Cardi. So clever and pretty. Really appreciate you sharing your inspiration. Lovely!

Jonia said...

Wow Mary Jo this is just adorable. I love it and now want the framelits. Can't have everything.