Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Try Stamping on Tuesday!

We have a fun sketch for you this week on the Try Stamping On Tuesday blog.

 

When I first looked at the sketch I was a bit confused with what I wanted to do so I walked over to my work table and the first thing I seen was the beautiful DP from the Tea For Two paper pack and knew I wanted to use the rose paper and go from there--the rest of the card just kind of had a mind of it's own and it just evolved without much thought at all.  When I was done and looked back at the sketch I seen that I totally left off the ribbon-darn--so I cut a really thin strip of the Lucky Limeade card stock and added it to the left side as though it was ribbon.  The bow broke a few times but I was finally able to make it work.  I actually like how the card turned out--what do yo think?

I made sure to make it a birthday card so that it also fits the LNS challenge for the week--birthdays.  My son's birthday was on the seventh and mine is coming up this Saturday so that is what spurred the birthday challenge.

Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners, Papillion Potpourri
Paper: Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla, DP from the Tea For Two paper pack
Ink: Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade
Other: scallop edge punch, banner dies, small butterfly punch

Hope you day is filled with happiness--thanks for stopping by.

7 nice people left a comment:

Carol Carriveau said...

Very pretty card...like the colors and your design!

Cheryl Mooney said...

I like the color combo and your fussy cut roses.

lisa808 said...

Pretty card. I like how the flowers hang over the sides.

Nancy Seed said...

Love these colours. The little butterfly accent is perfect.

Sarah said...

Such a sweet card. I love how you cut the flowers so they hang off the panel. Hope you and your son have fantastic birthdays :)

Nola said...

This is very pretty--what DSP did you use?
love being one of your followers!

Karen said...

Pretty, pretty! Love those roses and the colors...Beautiful!