Saturday, December 27, 2008

More for the Love of Birds.

Today's inspiration challenge on Splitcoaststampers was a fun one. We could choose any item from MacKenzie-Childs for inspiration I chose to use this picture for my inspiration. I was inspired by the checks, stripes and flowers together. Also the uneven tones of the colors from the paint. So fun.

Here is my card.


I just bought this pad of paper yesterday and love the colors. And I have been itching to get back to some of these stamps from Our Craft Lodge. I really like how this turned out. What do you think?

Stamps: For the Love of Birds (Our Craft Lounge)
Ink: Basic Black
Paper, SU Basic Black, The Paper Studio Pink Armadillo paper pack with glitter
Other: Dress it up glitter heart, Primas, wide chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, light blue gingham, nestabilities, rub ons for stitching, colored pencils, gamsol, markers.

3 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

The cup looks like a subtle version of Mackenzie-Childs art work. I think you card captured the beauty perfect;y/

Unknown said...

Beautiful MJ! :) You rock the Our Craft Lounge sets babe! :) Well, okay, you rock everything, but still. I love what you've done with the birds. :)

Kerry D-C said...

Wow! Fabulous!!! I would never have mixed those papers together, but GF, you made it work! I never heard of MacKenzie-Childs before. Interesting and fun!!