Thursday, December 18, 2008

Spent the moring in the Lounge with the Birds!

That's right, I spent my morning working with some new rubber! Cambria from Our Craft Lounge e-mailed me last week to see if I wanted to do a little design work for them! WHAT?!! Of course I do you silly girl! I have been drooling over these images but too broke to make a move, lol! Well Merry Christmas to me, I get to play with this fabulous set called For the Love of Birds. This is not my normal type of set but I thought it could be fun to work with, and it is. But first let me take a minute to let you know a bit about the stamps. They come in either cling foam rubber (which I love) or clear. And they come on these thick sheets that have holes on the side to put right into a binder! That is so cool! They even have the images colored on the one side of the sheet for ideas, got to love that! So anyway, I made two cards this morning with this set and I am sure there will be more coming soon. The first card is a bit of an unusual baby card. Not the ordinary card but a card not only celebrating the baby but also the love that is shared by both parents during this wonderful time. I used a Christmas saying from Stampin Up! inside because it seemed to fit perfect. What do you think?



This was such a fun card to create. So many little images to play with. And so easy to color too.

Stamps: Our Craft Lounge For the Love of Birds and Many Merry Messages
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron, Whisper White and scrap of misc dp.
Ink: Basic Black
Other: cuttlebug, slice for tag, faux brads, wide satin ribbon, paper piercier and mat pack, markers, misc rub on (found out of package and don't recall)

This next card is using some of the same images. I was thinking SPRING when I made this one. Hence the colors. Can you believe I still have scraps of this paper from SAB over two years ago! I love these colors together.


Stamps: Our Craft Lounge For the Love of Birds
Paper: Regal Rose, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Whisper White and SAB dp/
Ink: Basic Black
Other: water color pencils, gamsol, markers, gel pen, martha stewart border punch, nestabilities, cuttlebug, slice, faux brads, striped ribbon, celery ribbon.

By the way I have two more of their sets too I can't wait to play with those, so fun!

3 nice people left a comment:

Memories of Time said...

I KNEW you'd rock this set! AWESOME my friend!! YOU are amazing! :)

Happy Holidays!

Janna said...

These are just beautiful!!! Love the birds in the letters!!

Great job!

Smiles,
Janna

Janna said...

These are just beautiful!!! Love the birds in the letters!!

Great job!

Smiles,
Janna