Friday, June 5, 2009

Honey, where are my shoes?

I have no idea babe, maybe you better just get a new pair! Alright so I stole my hubby shoes for this project, lol! He never wears them anyway, he don't even like flip flops.

This is a triple challenge entry. Of course first is the Blogger's challenge -- it is Friday right! The theme this week is Summertime. Next is the LNstampers DT challenge to make summer scrapbook pages and finally the LNstampers weekly challenge to use any type of embossing.


I really had fun with this.

Whole book open


Pages 1-2


Pages 3-4


Pages 5-6


Stamps: Friendly Words Jumbo Wheel and Enjoy Life
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White, Apricot Appeal, Rainbow Sherbert dp
Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Other: Hubby's flip flops, sizzix tag dies, three for you punch, daisies 2 die, wide oval punch, scallop oval punch, large oval punch, green galore buttons and brads, Jumbo white brads on back (forgot pic of that), embossed flower burst folder, 5 petal flower punch, embossing plate with large dots, black and turquoise markers

I think that is it. It took me 4 flippin hours to do this! I never spend that much time on one thing. I do like it though.

Mary Jo

18 nice people left a comment:

Hetty said...

Hello MJ,
I did see this before, never tried it! It sure is a wonderful way to make a cute book! I love yours.

Lisa Martz said...

Very clever! Super cute!

Nikki Bond said...

Sooo cute! Love the design! {SMILES}

Connie Babbert said...

Hey! I should do that with my husbands, too! He never wears them because he doesn't like anything between his toes! Great job!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, MJ! This is so fantastically cute. What a clever idea to showcase your work on a flip flop. I love your little scrapbook full of summer time images. Great job...

Ida said...

Gosh you really do some fun projects.

Nancy Dawson said...

Too clever! Your ideas are so intuitive. TFS

Rachel Hope said...

Oh My Goodness....so fun!!

Unknown said...

This is just amazing!!!! I love it and wow on the 4 hours!!

Julie said...

What a super fun idea! Great job!

Anonymous said...

What a fun foldout! I did a trace-your-foot card and also used a flip-flop theme, but adding a foldout would have REALLY beed cute! Great job as always!

Melissa

Basement Stamper said...

The time you spent definitely shows, what a great little book!

Lori said...

What a fabulous idea for a summer themed mini-album!

Unknown said...

Super cute! Great gift idea!

Anonymous said...

What a Super idea--you did a great job!

Lucia Kaiser said...

Mary Jo: How cute! What a clever idea.

Kerry D-C said...

oh my gosh! this is SO COOL! You Rocked this!

Leonie Schroder said...

what a great idea for a card/gift. Its awesome